How to Become a Retail Franchising Director
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of a Retail Franchising Director
What does a Retail Franchising Director do?
A Retail Franchising Director directs and monitors national franchise growth and expansion. Works to ensure uniformity throughout contracts and agreements with franchise businesses. Being a Retail Franchising Director serves as a liaison between franchises and company headquarters. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty. Additionally, Retail Franchising Director typically reports to top management. The Retail Franchising Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. To be a Retail Franchising Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
The store communication and execution platform has retail audits, task management, and collaboration features you can use across franchisees.
Conduct retail audits to ensure franchisees are meeting brand standards.
Retail audits are about more than checking up on your franchisees — they provide an opportunity for personal communication, mentoring, and continuing education.
To be considered for this role you’ll ideally be an outstanding retail operator with exposure to multi-site management or to franchising – perhaps you’ve been a national or field sales manager.
The Master 2 Marketing - Franchising, Retail & Service Chains is part of the Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains whose mission consists in bringing students, researchers and professionals in franchising, retail and service chains together around issues concerning the sector and to generate synergies using a global approach (professions, disciplines, and countries).
Step 2: Learn best tips to become a Retail Franchising Director
Best tips for those who want to become a Retail Franchising Director
Here are some tips to become a Retail Franchising Director.
Proactive, two-way communication.
Document your roadmap and the processes to get there.
Provide customer service training.
Last Mile of every industry.
Brutally competitive- in India 13 Million outlets.
Step 3: View best colleges and universities for Retail Franchising Director
Best colleges and universities for Retail Franchising Director
- College of the Atlantic
- Cleveland State University
Step 4: Think about whether is it worth to be a Retail Franchising Director
Is being a Retail Franchising Director Worth it?
· Influence Retail Directors and work together with Market Store Operations Managers to ensure implementation of new retail operations process and policy in all markets.
· Working closely with Retail and Franchise Excellence and the Senior Director Retail and Franchise Operations to implement key operations initiatives and improve store operations across the assigned markets.
· Work closely with the Retail and Franchise Excellence, Retail and Franchise Operations, Marketing Activation, Visual Merchandising, Merchandising, Business Solutions, Store Development and Profit Protection to implement key functional priorities through the market operations teams.
· Develop new processes as well as optimise the existing ones in Retail operations across the assigned markets as agreed with your line manager in order to increase operational capabilities within our stores.
Owning a retail business within a local community holds appeal to many people with an entrepreneurial spirit, but the challenges associated with opening a new shop of any kind often become a barrier to entry.
Step 5: Prepare relevant skills for being a Retail Franchising Director
What skills do you need to be a Retail Franchising Director?
Due to the management level associted with this job, many skills are required to being successful and ensuring the success of your team. It is necessary to be able to excel with: Licensing Management, Retail Business Development, Retail Channels. For management positions, some skills may come as a no brainer, for this role those would be: Contract Management Software. As you can tell, it is no easy feat to be a manager, and the skills required reflect that.
· Experience in other retail disciplines is essential – especially product merchandising, visual merchandising and product marketing.
You’ll get to showcase your fantastic retail skills and to share your expertise.
– Complete Nutrition, a fast-growing franchise that's simplifying the nutritional supplement shopping experience, announced it has hired Paul Jarrett as Director of Marketing to spearhead brand awareness as the franchise nears its 100th store milestone.
Staff members are athletes, certified personal trainers, nutritionists, and other people with experience in the health and fitness supplement retail industry.
Classes are taught by French and foreign professors along with practitioners who are all experts in franchising, retail and service chains.
Step 6: View average salary for Retail Franchising Director
How much does a Retail Franchising Director make?
The average salary range for a Retail Franchising Director is from $125,694 to $181,850. The salary will change depending on your location, job level, experience, education, and skills.
- View average salary for the United States
Adjust salary by state
Average salary for Retail Franchising Director jobs
- Director of Retail Franchising
- Manager of Retail Franchising
- Retail Franchising Manager
- Retail Franchising Coordinator
- Retail Store Operations Director
- Retail Merchandising Director
- Retail Store Construction Director
- Retail Store Design Director