Salary.com Sites means any web site that is under the control of Salary.com, LLC., including without limitation www.salary.com.
Rights of Use
- Salary.com Content. The contents of Salary.com Sites, such as information, logos, data, images, video, presentations, software, designs, and other Salary.com Content (collectively Salary.com Content) are owned by and the property of Salary.com, LLC. or its licensors. The Salary.com Content is protected under various intellectual property laws, including copyright and trademark laws and specifically the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Salary.com Sites is the exclusive property of Salary.com, LLC. and is protected by such intellectual property laws.
- License. Salary.com Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used for the creation of derivative works without Salary.com, LLC.'s prior written consent, except that Salary.com, LLC. grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and display the Salary.com Sites, solely on Your computer or device for Your personal, non-commercial use. This permission is conditioned on You not modifying the Salary.com Content, You keeping intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices, and You accepting any terms and notices accompanying the content or otherwise set forth in the Salary.com Sites.
- Restrictions. You may not sell or modify the Salary.com Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Salary.com Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with third-party products or services, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Salary.com, LLC., its affiliates, subcontractors, partners, or licensors, that dilutes the strength of Salary.com, LLC., its affiliate's, subcontractor's, partner's, or licensor's property, or that otherwise infringes Salary.com, LLC., its affiliate's, subcontractor's, partner's, or licensor's intellectual property rights. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or attempt to discover the source of any of the Salary.com Content made available through the Salary.com Sites. You may not mirror any of the content from the Salary.com Sites on another web site or in any other media.
- Termination. Your failure to comply with the terms and notices on this site will result in automatic termination of any rights granted to You, without prior notice, and You must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in Your possession or control. Except for the limited permission in the preceding paragraph, Salary.com, LLC. does not grant You any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, and all such rights are reserved.
User Content & Submissions
- Do not Provide Salary.com with Confidential Information. Salary.com, LLC. does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from You through the Salary.com Sites. Please note that any information, material, data, ideas, concepts, know-how, and any other intellectual property, sent to Salary.com, LLC. or otherwise made available through the Salary.com Sites will be deemed NOT to be confidential.
- Your Content License to Salary.com. By sending Salary.com, LLC. any information, material, data, ideas, concepts, know-how, or any other intellectual property (Your Content), You grant Salary.com, LLC. an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, publicly display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise freely use, Your Content. You also agree that Salary.com, LLC. is free to use Your Content for any purpose. Salary.com, LLC. will not release Your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted Your Content to Salary.com Sites unless: (a) Salary.com, LLC. obtains Your permission to use Your name; or (b) Salary.com, LLC. first notifies You that Your Content will be published or otherwise used with Your name on it; or (c) Salary.com, LLC. is required to do so by law. Salary.com, LLC. also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as Salary.com, LLC. reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these terms, including investigation of potential violations,(iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Salary.com, LLC., its users and the public.
- Warranty. You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, or that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in Your Content has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to You the right to grant, the license stated above. If You post Your Content in any public area of any Salary.com Site, You also permit any other user to use, access, display, view, store and reproduce Your Content for their own use. Subject to the foregoing, You retain any and all rights that may exist in Your Content.
- Restrictions. You agree to not use the Salary.com Sites to transmit, distribute, store, or destroy material that is illegal, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, or hateful in any manner. Salary.com, LLC. may decline to post, review and remove any of Your Content in its sole judgment, including in the event that Your Content: (i) violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of, users of any Salary.com Site; (ii) could create liability for Salary.com, LLC., its affiliates, subcontractors, and partners, or damage Salary.com, LLC., its affiliates, subcontractors and partners brands or public images, or cause Salary.com Sites to lose Users or (in whole or in part) the services of its suppliers.
- Images. You agree to not post images unless You own the exclusive rights to display the imagery in this context. By posting images that depict a person or persons, You represent and warrant that You attained consent from and verified the legal age of each person depicted in the image for the distribution, display and usage of the image in the general public.
- Disclaimer. Salary.com, LLC. does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content, derivative works from User Content, or any other communications posted by Users nor does Salary.com, LLC. endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at Your own risk.
Third Party Site Disclaimer. This Salary.com Sites may provide links or references to third-party web sites and resources (e.g. web sites not operated or controlled by Salary.com, LLC.). Salary.com, LLC. makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about these third-party web sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to any Salary.com site. A link to a third-party web site does not mean that Salary.com, LLC. endorses the content or use of such web site or its owner. When You access a third-party web site, even one that may contain the Salary.com logo, please understand that it is independent from Salary.com, LLC. and the Salary.com Sites, and that Salary.com, LLC. does not control the content on that Web site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. USE OF THE SALARY.COM SITES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, DATA, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. SALARY.COM, LLC., ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, AND OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SALARY.COM, LLC., ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SALARY.COM SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE INFORMATION AND DATA DISPLAYED OR SHARED ON THE SALARY.COM SITES IS ACCURATE OR TRUE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SALARY.COM, LLC., ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THE SALARY.COM SITES ANY USE OF THE SALARY.COM SITES, OR OF ANY SITE OR RESOURCE LINKED TO, REFERENCED, OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SALARY.COM SITES, OR FOR THE USE OR DOWNLOADING OF, OR ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST SAVINGS OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF SALARY.COM, LLC., ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS EXCLUSION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES. SALARY.COM INC'S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING UNDER OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS IS LIMITED TO $100.
Indemnity. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Salary.com, LLC., its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees incurred by Salary.com, and any associated damages, losses and court judgements, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material You provide to any Salary.com Site, (ii) Your use of any Salary.com Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms.
- Termination. Salary.com, LLC. reserves the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to terminate Your account or a community for any reason (such as violation of these Terms) or no reason at all, with or without notice.
- Updates. Salary.com, LLC. may, without notice to You, at any time revise these Terms and any other information contained in the Salary.com Sites. Salary.com, LLC. may also make improvements or changes in the products, services, or programs described in the Salary.com Sites at any time without notice.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights. Salary.com, LLC. provides the software downloaded from this web site to U.S. Government users with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS.
- Additional Terms & Other Agreements. Additional or different terms, conditions, and notices may apply to specific materials, information, products, software, and services offered through the Salary.com Sites. In the event of any conflict, such additional or different terms, conditions, and notices will prevail over these Terms. Please then see the applicable agreement or notice governing Your use of the resources offered through the Salary.com Sites.
- Other. These terms and conditions are severable. If any provision is deemed illegal or unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous negotiations or agreements, whether oral or written, related to this subject matter. You are not relying on any representation concerning this subject matter, oral or written, not included in these Terms. No representation, promise or inducement not included in these Terms is binding. No modification or waiver of any term of these Terms is effective unless both parties sign it in writing or through an online electronic contracting process.