Job Posting for Medical Office Assistant at Adult Pediatric Urology & Urogynecology
7 Rejected Job description
POSITION SCOPE: Offers friendly, courteous and confidential assistance to every patient to ensure that the patient has a positive experience while at Adult Pediatric Urology & Urogynecology. Maintains accurate information on each patient to facilitate the patient encounter. Use automated systems to expedite patient scheduling and preregistration. Works with others in a team environment. Acts as the primary initial contact person for incoming new patients within Adult Pediatric Urology & Urogynecology focusing on customer service and the patient experience. Ability to deal with conflict management/resolution in a very busy and somewhat stressful work environment. Ability to understand and relay procedural instructions to patient so that any up front preparations prior to procedure are understood by patient. Ability to answer high level questions from patient in regards to scheduled procedure so patient is aware of why the procedure is being done. Ensuring patient is provided detailed instructions via office handout on procedure being done during check-out process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Screens incoming calls assessing the urgency of call and routes calls to the appropriate extension(s). Ensures that calls are handled in a timely manner. Inform patient of information needed to be prepared for their initial appointment. Interviews patients and/or family members to obtain accurate pre-registration information either in person, or over the phone. Prints and mails out appropriate patient information packet prior to a patient’s appointment. Assists patient as necessary with the completion of forms.
2) Serves as the front line patient advocate to patients checking into Adult & Pediatric Urology, PC through the ADPU patient registration process. Follows up with patient prior to departure, scheduling appropriate procedure as directed from the physician.
3) Consistently acts as a customer service representative for the clinic ensuring efficient communication via telephone or in person. Therefore, will seek out appropriate guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties. Demonstrates good judgment and reasoning skills. Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively working in a very busy work environment with a high volume of incoming/outgoing calls.
4) Verify and enter patient data such as demographics, insurance information into computerized scheduling and billing system with each encounter with patient. Obtain insurance referrals prior to patient’s appointment.
5) Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management. Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols. Must have the ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively as necessary. Process all mail documents for office. Assists with various filing duties as assigned.
6) Must work as a team member and perform actions consistent with established Adult Pediatric Urology & Urogynecology policies and procedures including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIRMENTS:
· High School Diploma or GED Certificate
· HIPAA Certification a plus, but not required
· Minimum of six months medical office experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Able to multi-task
· General operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet applications, multi-page scanner
· Active team player
· Effectively identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Adapts to changes in the workplace and completing priorities
· Communicates professionally with patients, coworkers, MDs, and manger
· Proficient in keyboarding and windows based software
· Ability to plan work flow and implement appropriate actions