Job Posting for Director - Casino Operations at Bally's Lake Tahoe Casino Resort
SUMMARY: The Casino Operations Director oversees the development of the culture and environment in the Slot, Table Games, Casino VIP, and Casino Administration departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the casino while ensuring security of company assets, guest satisfaction and employee morale.
2. Keeps abreast of any changes in the Casino industry, such as wage rates, new games and machines, expansion or alteration, etc.
3. Prepare necessary data for the budget in areas of responsibility; project annual costs, revenue and monitor actual financial results in areas casino departments; take corrective action where necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met. Prepare regular and special reports as required.
4. Coordinates Casino operations with other departments, including Marketing, to ensure guest satisfaction and efficient operations.
5. Assists in the development of a culture and environment that delivers world class customer service.
6. Assists the General Manager in strategic planning, reviewing and recommending policy changes according to procedure.
7. Critique’s and recommends changes to standard operating procedures.
8. Creates and reviews instructional material and follows any disciplinary action initiated by staff.
9. Strategizes ways to develop and reward new players within company guidelines; understands reinvestment levels of each tier segment.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Responsible for the overall direction of the Gaming division. Responsibilities including hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staff, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable to all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations. Regular scheduled attendance required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ Degree required, preferably in Finance or Business. Five or more years of casino management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must register and maintain registration as a gaming employee in the State of Nevada pursuant to NRS 463.335.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English. Must be able to read and write simple lists, interoffice memorandums, and business correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to use Microsoft Office products or any other Information Tech platform associated with the job duties.
Planning, writing, discriminating colors, concentrating amid distractions, remembering details, working rapidly, reading, directing others, using arithmetic, working at various tempos, remembering names and faces, examining and observing details, and making decisions.
The above job analysis is for the sole purpose of complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not to be construed to include all employees employed in each job classification. The Employer reserves the right to change the requirements of each job analysis as changes in business and/or technology dictate. All weights, distances, and measurements cited in this job analysis are approximations.