Job Posting for Theater and Technical Theater Manager at Castilleja
Theater and Technical Theater Manager (Starts November 2022)
Castilleja is a dynamic, diverse, and intentional educational community for students in grades 6-12 that believes in the power of women learning and women leading. Founded in 1907, Castilleja fulfills its mission to educate young women to become confident thinkers and compassionate leaders with a sense of purpose to effect change in the world.
The Visual and Performing Arts Department seeks a Theater and Technical Theater Manager. This person will work as a part of a team to provide leadership for the technical direction of all of the Performing Arts productions. They will also support the wider Castilleja School community by supervising the technical operations and resources of the Theater and other venues, including lighting, sound, and projection support for school events. The ideal candidate is an experienced problem-solver, an enthusiastic collaborator, and a passionate educator with a background in educational theater who is eager to incorporate their skills into our Performing Arts program. This position is full-time and reports to the Department Chair of the Visual and Performing Arts Department and Heads of Upper and Middle School.
Specifically, this position will include:
• Overseeing the design and execution of all technical aspects of all major Arts productions in the Chapel Theater
• Collaborating with show directors
• Enforcing policies and procedures for facilities use and resource allocation
• Managing the theater calendar in coordination with school event planners
• Managing the booth, stage, prop room, green room, makeup room, set shop, and costume bank
• Mentoring and instructing students with an interest in technical theater, including work in scenic design and construction, lighting design and rigging, sound design, costume design, projection design and realization, stage management and rehearsal etiquette
• Supervising and maintaining positive relationships with contracted labor, volunteer parents, student crews, and vendors
• Physical demands include manipulating objects, tools, and equipment and ability to operate mechanical lifts and ladders for ceiling-mounted and wall-mounted equipment
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theater, Technical Theater, Theater Design is preferred, extensive related professional experience may be acceptable in lieu of
Two years experience working in Middle and/or High School preferred