Job Posting for Benefits Specialist at Confidential
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of employee benefits in all company operations. This role acts as the day-to-day contact for employees and provides special guidance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. The Benefits Specialist surveys theindustry to determine thecompany's competitive position in employee benefits and recommends benefit plans and employee benefit policies. This role requires to develop in-depth knowledge of health care regulations and reform.
Essential Job Functions:
· Engage in WFG company culture that emphasizes engagement in our 4 Cs, quality of work and high performance.
· Administer employee benefits programs such as major medical plans; HMO plans; dental plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; FSA/S125 plans and accidental death policies. Assists in retirement plans as needed.
· Complete new employee enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
· Track employee changes, reconcile and process monthly billings for payment of all group plans.
· Review group health and dental claims quarterly.
· Assist in developing specifications for new plans or modifications to existing plans in order to maintain company's competitive position in labor market.
· Manage employee annual enrollment.
· Review and analyze benefit plan contracts. Monitor administrative costs of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies including alternative methods for administration and funding.
· Assures company compliance (HIPPA, ERISA, DOL, IRS and other regulatory agencies).
· Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
· Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent dedication to customer service.
· Knowledge of benefit contract language.
· Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
· Excellent communication and organization skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
· Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgments and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
· Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and HRIS/Benefits platforms.
· Strong analytical and time management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, partners and customers both verbally and in writing.
· Self-organizing and ability to remain motivated.
· Adaptability to learn quickly, multi-task, and retain information specific to the business domain.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· A minimum of 3 years related benefits or employee benefit administration include LOAs, Workers Compensation experience.
· HRIS system experience.
· Experience in supporting associates across multiple states.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Previous experience in Dayforce/Ceridian.
· Managing benefit programs for an employee base of over a 1000.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Days and hours of full –time position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.