We are a Queens based construction company that’s growing. We are looking for Bricklayers for multiple project sites. The Bricklayer is responsible for laying the materials that form the walls and foundations of the building. The right candidates must have a strong knowledge of building codes and industry standards as well as a strong working knowledge of how different types of materials interact with one another when subject to pressure and stress. Knowledge of how to repair walls in accordance with industry standards, is also required.
The position has a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Reading blueprints and other drawings to determine layout and measurements, noting any special requirements or accommodations for materials or equipment.
Planning, measuring, cutting, drilling, and laying bricks or blocks in accordance with project specifications
Installing scaffolding, hoists, ladders, cranes, or other equipment needed for specific projects
Mixing mortar, sand, or other ingredients as requested by the project specifications
Standing for long periods of time while working on scaffolds or high places
Installing brick veneer on walls and repairing cracks or other damage
Using tools such as trowels, saws, hammers, levels, plumb bobs, stakes, and string lines to measure, layout, and cut bricks
Inspecting completed work to ensure that it meets specifications
Cutting and shaping masonry materials such as stone, concrete, and ceramics, using power saws and other equipment
· High School diploma, required.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a bricklayer position, required.
· Detail oriented and effective communicator.
· Able to read and understand construction plans, use a variety of tools and equipment, use math to calculate measurement and other building details.
· A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
· Must have the following valid certifications and training at the time of hire:
o OSHA 40
o 16-hour Suspended Scaffold Test
o 4-hour Supported Scaffold User
o Silica Safety Training for Construction
o Parapet Replacement
o Shelf Angles Replacement
o Stone Repair and Replacement
Must be able to move, lift and/or adjust items of at least 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand and walk for at least the 8-hour work day.
· Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps without any hinderance.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with managers, crew members, and vendors, and must be able to exchange accurate information during these interactions.
· Must be able to move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite to another.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
LIC, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)