Job Posting for SrMgr-Information Security-Risk and Compliance at Corporate
Posting Date Jan 15, 2021 Job Number 21002301 Job Category Information Technology Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Brand Corporate Schedule Full-Time Relocation? N Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The candidate will be responsible for completing and maintaining 3rd Party Hosting Service Provider reviews, including creating risk assessments, and security test and evaluations. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the overall security program including security policy, procedures, and standards, assessing the risk of the internal and external IT systems, ensuring Marriott iT documents are compliant with Marriott security policies and procedures, and reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness.
Conduct periodic re-assessment with focus on those with highly sensitive data. Perform application security vulnerability scanning and provide remediation options. Candidate will also assist in managing relationship with Service Providers who are responsible for the actual delivery of services, managing outcomes and results, and collaborating with stakeholders across IT and business departments to develop strategies for securing company information and assets. Shares responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating compliance activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit. Verifies that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
Excellent communication skills are required to effectively communicate (verbally and written) across all levels within the organization.
Education and Experience
· Experience conducting and maintaining vendor risk assessments
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience/certification
· 7+ years of information technology leadership experience including implementing, managing and governing security policies
· Current information security certification, including Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· A security certification such as GWAPT, GPEN, AWS Associate Architect, AWS Professional Architect, PCI experience.
· Technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required: Application Security, Operating System security (UNIX, Windows, Mainframe, etc.) and network security (routers, switches, firewalls)
· Technical leadership experience in an outsourced environment
· Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability
· Experience with reviewing and assessing security controls of Cloud service providers
· Proficient with assessing a multi-tiered system architecture (Web Server, App Server & Database)
· Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and SANS 25.
· Working knowledge of the infrastructure and application scanning tools (such as Retina, Nessus, IBM App Scan, HP Web Inspect, Fortified on Demand, Qualys, etc.)
· Manual Web Application Testing experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Security Risk & Compliance
· Oversee, evaluate, and support the documentation, and validation processes necessary to assure that associates, information technology systems and business processes meet the organization’s information assurance, security, and privacy requirements. Ensures appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance of internal policies and external regulations.
· Perform security controls assessments of third-party providers – assess security architecture, adherence to the requirements, conduct application scanning and results validation
· Document controls gap analysis and risk assessment of the third-party providers
· Review controls exception requests and make risk-based approval decision
· Lead, participate or perform various infrastructure compliance initiatives and projects
· Perform Application Security Testing using (Nessus, IBM App Scan, HP Web Inspect, Fortified on Demand, Qualys, Burp, or Retina)
· Conduct and validate finding discovered during the scans
· Monitor compliance to applicable security policies and standards and report related risk issues
· Manage and administer processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and track third party risks and compliance exceptions
· Conduct assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determine deviations from acceptable configurations or enterprise or local policy, assess the level of risk, and develop and/or recommend and operationalize appropriate mitigation countermeasures.
· Provide sound advice and recommendations to leadership and staff on a variety of relevant topics within the pertinent subject domain. Advocate policy changes and make a case on behalf of the company via a wide range of written and oral work products.
· Oversee the information assurance (IA) program of an information system in or outside the network environment; may include procurement duties.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.