Job Posting for AR / Collections Specialist at Criterion Executive Search
Office job - not remote
Hourly full-time-employee with benefits
• Consults with customers by telephone or email in attempt to determine the reason for overdue payment or payments by reviewing terms of sales, service, and/or contract with the customer.
• Records information about financial status of customers and the status of collection efforts.
• Coordinates monthly collection efforts off Accounts Receivable aging and other computerized reports for past due balances.
• Reconcile accounts using contracts, invoices, and change orders.
• Works closely with other departments to obtain all needed data to collect on delinquent accounts.
• Mails reminder letters, important past due, and final demand letters.
• Proposes accounts to be written off to bad debt, or sent to third party collections agency, or attorney.
• Obtains and mails copies of invoices for customers as requested and issues monthly itemized statements to customers.
• Research and process customer claims of invoice payment.
• Researches and attempts to collect on charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
• Assists in answering accounts receivable phone inquiries and follow ups with customers.
• Calls, emails, and/or mails correspondences to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
• Maintains detailed computerized notes of all interactions with customers.
• Work with third party collection agency or attorney regarding ongoing collection cases.
• Generate weekly reports to verify invoices are sent to customers in a timely manner.