Job Posting for Environmental Project Manager-Engineer/Geologist at Engineer/Geologist - Tetra Tech Careers
Our Commercial/Private Sector client group in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for an Environmental Project Manager to lead multidisciplinary teams executing environmental assessment, investigation, and remediation projects. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have great problem-solving abilities, possess strong people skills, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Typical projects include site characterization, strategic cost-effective approaches, human health risk assessments, remedy selection/design, and due diligence. Knowledgeable of environmental regulations, the successful candidate will be a trusted advisor to our clients and will have a responsible position in leading teams and assisting in business development for our Pittsburgh operations. This position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen due to the projects they will be working on.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
• Effectively lead multidisciplinary project teams successfully executing a wide variety of environmental investigation, remediation, and due diligence projects.
• Interface with client, federal and state regulatory authorities, as needed.
• Operate with substantial latitude for independent action or decision.
• Prepare proposals, cost estimates and qualification statements.
• Prepare environmental reports for regulatory review, including data interpretation, tabulation, evaluation for conceptual site model development and trend analysis, and determine compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Supervise performance of conceptual and analytical data evaluation and preparation of detailed reports and supporting documents.
• Perform as a seller-doer to increase our market share with current and new clients
• Support business development efforts.
• BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering, or related environmental degree is required.
• Eight to twelve years of related experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated success in the role as Seller-Doer for private sector customers, providing strong technical direction/support.
• Proven project management skills as a project manager or task manager.
• Strong technical analytical skills and demonstrated excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills are fundamental to this position and are required.
• Willing to participate in business development and attend conferences as appropriate.
• Must possess OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training.
• Current and valid U.S. driver’s license.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Current professional registration (e.g., P.G or P.E.) or in-training is preferred.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.