Job Posting for Regional Nurse Consultant-RN at FAST NURSE Staff
Fast Nurse Staff is a company that provides on-demand executive level staff for senior housing operators and their communities. We are currently looking to hire a Regional Nurse Consultant (RN) to provide support to our assisted living and memory care community clients.
Currently we are looking for an RN who has multi-site long-term care or assisted living experience. This position will support our Sothern Oregon area from Eugene down to Klamath Falls. The ideal candidate is able/willing to travel within their assigned geographic area with travel requirements up to 4 days a week, plus a willingness to broaden travel as potentially requested by leadership team.
The Nurse Consultant ensures the quality care of all residents within assisted living and memory care communities in conjunction with the Client’s Operations Team. The position requires an understanding and commitment to the principals and values of the company. The position requires creativity and flexibility with employees and residents who have complex situations and is at times stressful. The Nurse Consultant requires an ability and willingness to assist with the training of community level leadership and direct care staff positions. The Nurse Consultant will serve in an oversight for one or more communities providing clinical expertise, documentation, and guidance, as needed for regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide oversight and guidance to communities without a nurse; serves as an HSD when required and/or needed.
· Provide clinical coverage to communities without nursing coverage in assigned states or other states as needed to serve the needs of the company and meet state regulations.
· Assist in communities experiencing regulatory challenges.
· Mock Surveys in communities based on community need and licensing survey frequency.
· On- boarding and ongoing training and education of Health Service Directors, Resident Care Coordinators, and community staff.
· Have a working knowledge of assigned client’s policies and procedures and Software systems (I.e. Care Plan Systems, EMar, Onsite Training etc.)
· On-boarding on new communities and acquisitions as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned through the Client’s Designated Operations Partner, Vice President of Clinical Services or President of FAST NURSE Staff in coordination with client’s operational team.
· Assist with follow-up on audits and/or action plans for Health Service Director/Resident Care Coordinator secondary to visit finding or ongoing job performance related concerns.
· Assist with Licensing, Complaint Investigations and other compliance related surveys, plan of correction developments and implementation. Visit Types: · Position Replacement – Conducted on a As Needed Basis -Acting or serving in the place of a community role.
· Comprehensive – At least annually on-site
· Mock Survey or equivalent type visit.
· Focused Visit – Conducted on an as needed basis to review a specific area or complete a certain task. May be completed virtual or on-site
· Acquisition - New community on-boarding, training, education, implementation of systems and processes.
· Training Visit- Provide education to a new employee or current employee based on job performance.
· Delegation – as required by state law and per licensure allowance.
· Other - Defined by Client’s Designated Operations Partner, Director and/or President of FAST NURSE Staff
· Previous experience in Senior Housing required.
· Working knowledge of Director of Nursing (HSD) role and regulations in all states assigned preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to appropriately delegate responsibility with necessary authority without relinquishing his/her overall responsibility and accountability for the delegated task.
· Demonstrated ability to identify problems in a timely manner, develop effective resolutions to those problems and ensure implementation of the proposed resolution, confirm results, and revise as necessary.
· This position requires excellent leadership skills and the ability to communicate with regulatory agencies, resolve grievances and serve as a company representative and expert in the Senior Living Industry.
Other Requirements: · Must be a Registered Nurse in Oregon. Compact License Nurse Preferred. Registered Nurses are required in the majority of states exceptions will be cleared by President of FAST NURSE Staff based on State Regulations. To be Licensed in all states in primary assignment within 60 days of assuming assignment.
· Must possess a current state specific driver's license and appropriate driving record.
· Maintains CEUs and licensure
· Receives and maintains CPR certification.
· On-call for Licensed Nurse needs for communities as needed
· Road Warrior position: travel 85-95% of time dependent upon assignment and residency.
Check out our website at www.FastNurseStaff.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $120,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: All employees will be required to follow the State Health Department, Regulatory Agency, Company and Client Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccination/Boosters and Testing.