This role will provide technical leadership for the Invenia ABUS (Automated Breast Ultrasound) program in Phoenix Manufacturing. Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality, methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
Key responsibilities include:
Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective
solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
Support introduction of new products and technologies to manufacturing, including definition and qualification of associated equipment and processes and manufacturing releases, along with changes and updates to existing products and processes.
Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to
methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. Responsible for determining
processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final
analysis and acceptance.
Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support lean
Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely,
quality and cost-conscious manner
Troubleshoot production and packaging equipment
Provide Technical support
Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective
action is taken to resolve observed safety concerns in all areas.
1. B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3
years experience or Associates Degree and 5 years experience or High School diploma with 7
years of experience in production and/or engineering
2. Understanding of IT, QA and testing procedures
3. Good analytical and planning skills
1. M.S. Degree in Engineering or Business
2. Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
4. Previous Project Experience
5. Proficiency with GEHC ECR/ECO processes or equivalent product change control processes
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality
Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as
4. Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation,
acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product,
equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).