Job Posting for Architectural Designer II at GGLO LLC
The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Boise, seeks an Architectural Designer II for our growing Boise location.
We are an innovative firm designing buildings, landscapes, and places that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
About The Role
The primary function of the Architectural Designer II at GGLO is to support the project team in the completion of one or more multi-family/mixed-use projects in accordance with the established goals and scope of that project. Collaborates with all team members in an effective and efficient manner and works under direction of and in collaboration with key project team members.
• A passion for innovation and beauty in your work.
• A commitment to the highest quality of communications in all of its forms - drawing, writing, speaking, art, research and more.
• A steadfast desire to learn about our design work and your profession, to engage with your discipline and explore it fully, and share what you’ve learned.
• A desire to be engaged with other people who share your passions, commitments, and desire.
• 3 or more years of professional experience, with 1 year minimum relevant US work experience
• Architecture Degree from an accredited University in the United States
• Working towards licensure
• Working knowledge of multi-family housing and other building types
• Experience with the Concept and Schematic Design process for multi-family project types
• Experience with the production of Design Communication packages for multi-family project types
• Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Windows OS
• Ability to think in 3D and understand and solve complex design issues
• Demonstrated ability to produce quality work
• Authorization to work in the United States
Successful GGLO Designer II’s Have:
• LEED accreditation
• Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
• Experience in our core markets
• Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
What does this mean for your career? Our employees are a talented mix of individuals who embody every aspect of an integrated practice, who are catalysts for community through an integrated, research-based approach with sustainable design competency as a prerequisite. We offer the opportunity to align your long-term career goals with a variety of projects and clients while working with Principals from multiple markets. We want your energy, creativity, and thirst for transforming great ideas into built reality!
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where you will be challenged to bring your best creative spirit to your work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.