Job Posting for Exhibit Assistant at Great Explorations Children's Museum
Assists in exhibit department and facilities. Maintains and repairs exhibit consumables and the appearance of exhibits to meet museum standards. Work is performed in conjunction with educators, and administrators. Required to work evenings and weekends as needed. The schedule is Sunday – Thursday
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists in constructing temporary and permanent exhibits using a variety of materials. Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of power tools and workshop equipment.
· Assists in event set-up requirements and fabricates event materials and themes as needed.
· Works with Direct Supervisor to establish and maintain museum content and consumables
· Inspects exhibits for damage and assists in adjusting and/or reconstructing or modifying exhibits as needed with approval.
· Conduct stock management of consumables and spares, and submit order requests as needed.
· Assists with shipment receiving for overall organization ordering.
· Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment. Observe safety and risk management procedures in public areas and workspaces.
· As required, assist with set-up and breakdown for special events and rental functions.
· As required, assist with exhibit-related work at off-site locations.
· Help maintain the environmental specialist duties on Sunday – overall cleaning and facility maintenance.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Skill in operation and maintenance of various workshop tools and equipment.
· Ability to effectively communicate and work together in a team environment
· Must have building experience.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent and minimum of 1-2 years experience in finish construction, painting, or fabrication.
Paint skills are a must.
Special Work Requirements:
Employee may be required and is expected, to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will also perform other business duties as assigned by management.
Great Explorations reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Must be able to pass a Level 2 background clearance. We reserve the right to revoke any job offers if not cleared.