Job Posting for DSP Direct Support Professional at Human Support Services
Full-time and Part-time opportunities available. Hours vary by site (typically evenings & weekends.) The pay starts at $11.24 an hour and weekend work has a $4.30 pay differential per hour.
Paid Medical Benefits (full-time)
Vacation Time (full-time)
Sick Time (full-time)
Human Support Services, a non-profit community mental health agency located in Monroe County seeks full-time DSP's, Mental Health Professionals, or CNA's.
We are looking for dependable caring workers to teach daily living skills and assist adults with developmental disabilities in agency housing. Must have a high school diploma or GED, valid driver’s license, and pass a criminal background check.
This position will...
- Provide direct service care as required
- Assist consumers with implementing their Individual Treatment Plan in their homes, community and other environments
- Help consumers with crisis situations involving supervisors and clinical staff as needed/required
- Assist consumers with the administration and training of medications taking direct orders from certified medical personnel
- Make sure that the home is a safe and clean environment, i.e. – assisting in emergency drills, checking safety equipment
- Assist consumers in purchasing and preparing food and other items as needed for them in their home
- Transport consumers in agency vehicles to appointments and activities in the community as outlined in their Treatment Plan
- Help consumers to participate in the design of the array of community support services tailored to their needs
- Maintain sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Be responsible for staying updated on changes in consumers’ treatment plans, medications and overall care
The Mission and Vision of Human Support Services is to help all people live their best lives and we envision a community in which all abilities are embraced and everyone is encouraged to pursue their greatest potential.
HSS is a private, non-profit community resource agency founded in 1973, providing confidential COA-accredited services.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Have adequate transportation to be able to move from site to site
- Ability to drive a regular size and larger size van or willing to be trained
- Drive in large cities
- Able to lift and walk flights of stairs
- Constitution to handle body excrements
- Must be emotionally stable enough to react appropriately to a consumer in crisis