Job Posting for Senior Operations Analyst - NWS 00379 at ions Analyst - NWS 00379 at North Wind Group
THIS POSITION IS A SHORT TERM, MAX 1,000 HOUR ASSIGNMENT.
North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Environment, Safety & Health Directorate has an opening for a Senior Operations Analyst to provide technical and mentoring support in a number of areas including: hazardous energy control, configuration management, facility engineering, facility management and operations, maintenance planning and scheduling, and disciplined operations.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor and mentor to the Lockout Tagout Corrective (LOTO) Action Plan Owners.
- Work with action owners to identify a clear vision for their projects and ensure project plans are aligned and detailed enough to accomplish full implementation.
- Assist in developing deliverables, such as process charts, governance, and procedures.
- Consult with and advise ES&H, I&O and O&B management as needed.
- Conduct and lead effectiveness reviews to ensure that new processes are adequate to address root causes identified in the LOTO causal analysis and parent company review.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience developing and implementing facility management, operations, engineering, and maintenance programs and process improvements.
- Significant experience in one or more specialized fields including: safety, engineering, operations, or maintenance.
- Significant experience developing and executing project plans for large and complex deliverables, including the ability to properly sequence activities, identify critical paths, and identify needed integration and interfaces across multiple projects.
- Significant experience engaging in and leading multi-disciplinary teams, conducting management assessments and effectiveness reviews.
- Highly advanced ability to provide independent judgment, sound technical evaluations, and recommendations in a wide-range of engineering and technical disciplines to establish and accomplish objectives.
- Expert written and verbal communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively present technical knowledge and provide advice to senior management.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.