IT Engineer, Applications - Baystate HealthSpringfield, MAFull Time
Job Posting for Visual Data Analyst at IT Engineer, Applications - Baystate Health
Req#: 84259 Category(s):Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Engineer, Applications Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time Shift: First
The incumbent is responsible for translating business and technical requirements into well-engineered, documented and successfully deployed application systems. The incumbent is accountable for full life cycle software engineer including designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying software applications that meet business expectations. The incumbent may perform the implementation of vendor-supplied software packages including the installation, customization, deployment, maintenance, and administration. The incumbent will be accountable for day-to-day support including rotational off-hour support. This individual will contribute to the project management activities including the identification of work tasks and their dependencies, estimating work effort, and contributing pertinent information as input to project evaluation and prioritization. The incumbent will interface and coordinate with vendors as well as server; database and network support as required, to ensure applications are stable, scalable and meet service level expectations. In a senior level position, the incumbent will be expected to demonstrate more advanced and broader technical skills, effectively support complex and large efforts, and function as a resource to provide assistance to others to resolve complex issues. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to provide technical mentoring as well as driving standards and best practices. The incumbent is expected to work effectively with minimal direction.
1) APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT, MAINTENANCE & DELIVERYEffectively works with business partners to capture accurate and complete business requirements. Writes functional and technical specifications involving complex systems or solutions. Deliverables are created following established standards and guidelines and meet business expectations. Promotes efficiency and quality by utilizing streamlined processes, automated solutions and quality control measures as appropriate. Deliverables are well documented and knowledge transfer is provided to ensure effective on-call and back-up support. Follows appropriate release management procedures. Participates in the assessment of new technology solutions for best fit into the Baystate Health technical environment balancing customer needs with technical feasibility and IT architectural standards.
2) TESTING MANAGEMENTTest plans defined are appropriate to scope. Works with stakeholders to support business acceptance testing and signoff. Performs and monitors unit/system/functional testing. Works with stakeholders to support business acceptance testing and signoff. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in defect identification, resolution and documentation. Ensures acceptability of testing outcomes occur prior to live implementation and defects detected by users in production are minimal. Monitors first production usage.
3) PROBLEM RESOLUTIONParticipates in 24×7 on-call rotational support. Provides timely response to problem tickets and issue resolution. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in problem identification, resolution and documentation. Appropriate root cause analysis is performed to implement preventative measures. Maintains sufficient knowledge of applications and environment to provide effective on-call or backup support. Assists users with day-to-day application usage issues.
4) PROJECT ASSESSMENT, PLANNING & SUPPORT Assists business partners defining the value of proposed initiatives and identifies viable solutions. May participate in budgetary planning for proposed solutions. Accountable for the development of work plans including tasks and dependencies throughout all project phases along with sound task time estimates. Identifies issues and risks. Recommends corrective actions to keep project on track. Strives to meet delivery dates. Maintains effective collaboration and status with project constituents to ensure project success. Adheres to Baystate project development methodology
5) OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE & INNOVATION Follows established IT and Team standards and best practices. Plays a lead role in the introduction and adoption of best practices, proven methodologies, and lessons learned. Drives team performance and operational efficiency improvement initiatives Keeps abreast of new software features and functionality and makes appropriate recommendation for their use. Supports our customers consultatively, offering fresh approaches and value added solution recommendations. Shares learning and solutions with the team. Mentors others in solving complex problems and fosters knowledge growth among team members.
6) SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION & SUPPORTMay be responsible for administration of 3rd party software including installation, configuration, upgrades, providing user access. Partners with server, network, and database administration functions to monitor and ensure the system is stable, reliable and meets service level expectations. Coordinates with software vendors for system specifications, troubleshooting and submission of support incidents.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5+ years of experience in the implementation, configuration, development, maintenance and ongoing support of complex computer systems
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Technical Skills
Bachelor of Science: Computer and Information Science (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.