Job Posting for Catering Sales Manager at Kelber Catering
POSITION TITLE: CATERING SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
A successful Kelber Catering Sales Manager oversees the sales, customer relations and setup for all assigned groups. They must be knowledgeable in all aspects of industry services. They will collaborate with the client in determining their food and beverage selections while consistently identifying and securing upsell opportunities. The Catering Sales Manager will partner with all departments to exceed client’s expectations to ensure repeat bookings.
The successful Kelber Catering Sales Manager will assist in site visits and marketing initiatives; inclusive but not limited to those with Meet Minneapolis, The Minneapolis Convention Center and Kelber Catering Inc. (KCI) and our third-party partners.
Once the client/event is confirmed with a fully executed contract with the Minneapolis Convention Center, the catering sales manager will facilitate a seamless hand-off process and create a catering contract agreement and deposit schedule for the client to review and sign, based on guidelines in the contract. They will coordinate this information with all pertinent Kelber Catering, Minneapolis Convention Center staff and third-party vendors. Once trained in the Kelber Catering way, this individual will utilize independent judgment and discretion during all aspects of communication, planning and execution of all events.
The Catering Sales Manager, once event orders are turned over to the operation partners, will continue to be the liaison between client and all departments before, during (based on the complexity) and after the event. After the event, this individual will accurately compile and complete all billings. They will provide accurate billing to the client within 5 business days of final event. They will be responsible for monitoring and collecting all deposits, signed agreements and final payment for all assigned groups, as well as any outstanding aging accounts. All files will be organized as per department standards.
PAY AND UNION STATUS: Salaried, Non-union
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
1. Primary contact with clients to coordinate food /beverage needs and logistics of those needs.
2. Negotiate any special requests with clients in partnership with Director of Sales and Marketing to maximize profitability opportunities.
3. Coordinate with the operations departments to accurately present menu proposals and price quotes.
4. Accurately detail and issue information via the Banquet Event Orders (BEO) format to client and staff, while requesting client signed documents by deadline set forth in the KCI contracts.
5. Collect required deposits and signed contracts from client within contracted timeframe.
6. Obtain client guarantees within contracted timelines.
7. Manage assigned events to ensure food and beverage details are properly communicated to the client and operations team.
8. Timely communication of all changes and additions to the operations team.
9. Prepare billing for the client; track collection of final payment and any overdue collection.
10. Direct supervision of assigned events; including those of other catering sales staff and departments as needed.
11. Review and enforce Kelber Catering policies and procedures.
12. Plan and coordinate food tastings.
13. Attend KCI staff meetings, attendance at the MCC Operations meeting, Department Meetings and any additional meetings as assigned.
14. Attend all meetings involving the planning of assigned groups.
15. Generate reports of assigned business for forecasting with accuracy within /- 6%; monthly for rolling forecast.
16. Accurately work with Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Power point, and have the ability to work in a data base.
17. Knowledge of sales office procedures inclusive of catering coordinator position.
18. Accurately operate all software programs, i.e., EBMS, Caterease, Net Viewpoint and any new programs Kelber Catering implements.
19. Any additional duties as assigned by Director of Sales and Marketing or GM/CEO.
Availability: Fully Available; 7 days a week, as needed - per schedule.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, college or equivalent.
Certification: CPCE or CMP preferred.
Experience: Two years' management and sales experience for a catering company, hotel or convention center; preferably high volume.
Physical: Refer to the attached Functional Capacities Evaluation for this position.
Skills: Moderate to advanced knowledge in all food, beverage and service styles.
Moderate to advanced knowledge in wines.
Moderate to advanced knowledge in revenue forecasting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Health savings account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
COVID-19 considerations: We follow COVID-19 guidance from the CDC, Federal, State and City along with local health departments. Job offer is contingent upon standard screening checks, E-Verify and submission of COVID-19 vaccination record.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Minneapolis, MN 55403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)