Job Posting for Autonomous Vehicle Systems Engineer at Nvidia
NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars.
The automotive industry is at disruption & NVIDIA is at the forefront of the autonomous vehicle revolution, powering many key solutions for major car manufacturers. We are engaged in the key areas of automotive business where visual computing & AI matters: AI Cockpit and Autonomous Vehicles (AV). Autonomous vehicles need a supercomputer on wheels, it's an AI & SW heavy computational challenge. There isn't an off-the-shelf platform which stands up to this challenge, so we are building our own. We are seeking a Vehicle systems Engineer. In this exciting role, you will build NVIDIA's next generation of Hyperion Autonomous Vehicle Platform. You will contribute towards the development of groundbreaking next generation architectures involving all aspects of product definition, design, and validation.
What you'll be doing:
* Review design and architecture of the vehicle platform
* Develop and execute vehicle integration plans and test plans
* Recommend equipment and tools needed to validate the new design/architecture
* Define diagnostic test requirements for vehicle integration testing
* Collaborate with multi-functional teams, including system engineering, software engineering, mechanical/thermal engineering, operations, external vendors, and other partners to successfully bring-up prototype and development vehicles
* Debug, triage issues, perform root cause analysis and identify solutions
* Validate the vehicle platform to meet the specifications (Power, electrical and functionality)
What we need to see:
* Experience in building and integrating automotive/robotic systems with cutting edge technology components
* 5 years of work experience in embedded/automotive/robotics, system architecture
* Proven automotive industry experiences with vehicle ECUs, CAN, LIN, Flexray, power distribution, etc.
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, communicate, and integrate technical concepts and solutions
* Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills
* Utmost passion towards attention to details and high focus on quality and operation efficiency
* BS or MSEE or related/meaningful engineering field in Electronics/Electrical, Robotics, Mechatronics (or equivalent experience)
Ways to stand out of the crowd:
* Proven work experience with autonomous vehicles and/or robotics system building
* Deep understanding of vehicle system architecture
* Experience with HIL (hardware in the loop) testing
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.