Job Posting for Maintenance Technician at OPPENHEIMER COMPANIES
ODC is looking for an energetic and reliable individual to kickstart their career gaining on-the-job experience in the heart of downtown Boise. You will be working with Building Management carrying out necessary work sequence, procedures, methods and deadlines, ensuring proper building operations. Key responsibilities include day-to-day operations of the buildings and preventative maintenance of all building equipment and professional communication with tenants and contractors. The Maintenance Technician provides information, recommendations and/or solutions regarding problems that may arise, in addition to performing required day-to-day maintenance and working with outside contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists Building Maintenance in performing general heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, lighting, water, waste and grounds maintenance
• Is responsible for locking and unlocking buildings depending on shift. Performs site inspections to identify possible security issues, vandalism and general cleanliness of the sites
• Reads meters, maintains logs and pertinent records
• Works to keep equipment areas free of dirt and debris, applies and prepares various surfaces for paint
• Performs basic scheduled preventative maintenance of building equipment, including greasing pumps and motors, checking drive belts, changing air filters, checking equipment status, and reporting mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party
• Maintains lighting equipment and fixtures. Replaces lamps, as needed, and performs scheduled relamping. Performs floor checks to look for burned out lamps. May perform basic fixture repairs.
• Repairs and replaces faulty plumbing fixtures, rest room partitions, performs basic plumbing repairs, opens clogged lines, and other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
• Works with limited technical guidance and independence in accordance with work orders, verbal instructions, drawings or hand-drawn sketches.
• Knowledge and use of the proper tools and testing devices to accomplish repairs according to accepted trade practices.
• Responsible for implementing standard trade practices and procedures co-existent with adequate safety precautions.
Our vision is to create a world of unlimited possibility and potential for our customers, colleagues and our community. Our mission is to ensure customers grow their businesses and associates build their futures. We do this by providing outstanding products and unsurpassed service. Operating with a shared set of truths, collectively, we are able to unleash a world of possibility. Together, we set the P.A.C.E!
• PEOPLE first. Everything else follows. We work hard to develop respectful, collaborative relationships and meet shared goals
• Take ACTION. We are passionate entrepreneurs and execute with a sense of urgency and strong will to win. We fuel creativity and innovation.
• CURIOSITY. We have a deep desire to learn and grow.
• ETHICS – We do the right thing in our business and community, even when no one is looking.
• ! – We have fun and make our mark! We get excited about what we do, we enjoy the process and recognize that enthusiasm and engagement are contagious.
Oppenheimer Companies, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of methods used in maintaining buildings and grounds including basic understanding of plumbing, electrical wiring, painting, grounds keeping, standard practices, and tools used in maintenance, safety practices, and procedures related to the building trades
• Basic understanding of window-based computer programs
Physical and/or Other Specific Requirements:
• Includes indoor and outdoor work requiring active physical effort, such as bending, stretching, climbing ladders, towers, manholes, working near high and low voltage power sources, and providing maintenance in overhead and/or small spaces to perform analysis and repair work.
• Physically fit to perform maintenance and heavy lifting assignments. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Manual dexterity skills.
• May be required to return to work when major problems arise on off-shifts or weekends.
• Occasional on-call responsibilities required.
• Occasional overtime and holiday hours as needed
• Team player – supportive of individuals on the direct team and outside of own work group ensuring accomplishment of overall organizational objectives
• Strong customer service skills with tenants and contractors
• Must have reliable transportation (requires occasional on call duty)
• Flexibility in hours available for work understanding the standard schedule is Monday – Friday, tentatively 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
• Ability to effectively manage and accomplish multiple tasks
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Positive attitude
• Ability to effectively handle emergency situations