Sales Rep - Large Grocery/Mass Merchant (Full-Time/Days)
POSTED ON 5/17/2021CLOSED ON 6/21/2021
PepsiCoSt Joseph, MOFull Time
Job Posting for Sales Rep - Large Grocery/Mass Merchant (Full-Time/Days) at PepsiCo
$42,000.00 target salary
Click Here to watch our Realistic Job Preview Video
Position acts as the primary store-level sales person to large format accounts such as supermarkets and Mass Merchant accounts. Is responsible for providing selling and merchandising service to and growing business in assigned accounts. Position orders products to be delivered by another employee to the store. Generates sales by selling to and servicing customers. Rotates and stocks products on shelves and displays, in coolers, in vending equipment, and in customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Has frequent interaction with store management.
This position is labor intensive, requiring lifting, loading, pushing and pulling cases weighing from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly over 10-12 hour work period. The position requires bending, reaching, and squatting while merchandising and moving product. The position may include weekend and/or holiday work.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Grow sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation, and customer service in all assigned accounts
* Take inventory, place orders for future delivery, and sell product inventory to standard
* Sell and execute promotions, solicit placement of equipment, and use point-of-purchase materials to stimulate sales
* Maintain and increase shelf facings, clean shelves, and rotate products
* Provide excellent service to assigned accounts and create and maintain goodwill with all customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
* Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales
* Complete required paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner
* Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, etc.)
* Operate equipment for moving products (e.g., pushing/pulling of the U-Boat, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.)
* Use hand held device to input/write ordersRegular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 18 years or older
* High School Diploma or GED
* Pass the background check
* Must have car to access multi-store locations within assigned shift
* Experience with managing a route (e.g., prioritizing stops, setting a schedule, servicing accounts, managing delivery windows, etc.).
* Experience with incremental selling (e.g., selling above the standard order, suggesting additional product, up selling/suggestive selling, etc.).
* Experience following safety procedures (e.g., proper lifting techniques, following safety processes, etc.).
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.