Job Posting for Trader, Sr-Power at RIVERCREST POWER ADVISORS LLC
Sr. Power Trader
RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC – Houston, Texas
SUMMARY OF COMPANY
RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC a BioUrja Group company, is a Power Marketer active across North American physical and financial markets, with an emphasis on congestion management, asset management and trading. RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC features an experienced team that has navigated the last 25 years of exceptional reform and market evolution with success, integrity, and a culture of compliance. With well over 125 years of collective experience, RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC is positioned to be a key player in wholesale supply, renewables, ancillary services, capacity, congestion, asset management and development.
Our team of traders and analysts utilize their strong understanding of market fundamentals and advanced analytics to build and execute sophisticated trading strategies across multiple products and markets. We have developed and maintain various proprietary research tools, including powerflow modeling, statistical data analysis, supply-demand modelling and machine learning. These are deployed to identify trading opportunities, construct portfolios, and manage our risks and capital.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
This position is primarily responsible for fundamental analysis of congestion risk in Nodal power markets. The Nodal (FTR/Virtual) Power Trader will perform and develop analysis to identify short and long-term congestion risks and opportunities in collaboration with the energy trading team. The candidate must have business knowledge covering both the theoretical and practical implications of power flow analysis, market modeling and forecasting.
• Fundamental Analysis of Congestion Risk in Nodal Power Markets.
• Ability to construct FTR/Virtual portfolio to leverage congestion risk.
• Rigorous understanding of various Power Flow Risk drivers.
• Quantify Portfolio Risk and pricing Models.
• Running Power Flow Models (primarily DC Models): Dayzer/UPLAN/PowerWorld.
• Analysis of Generation Dispatch Curves, Transmission parameters and Contingency Analysis.
• Stay informed on regulatory changes and participate meetings on issues related to BioUrja lines of business.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Power Systems, EE, Business, or related discipline.
• Master’s Degree in Power Systems Analysis or related discipline preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in commercially driven Power Flow Analysis role.
• Proven Commercial experience taking Congestion Risk in Nodal Markets.
• Analytical driven Risk-Taking experience.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to get things done under pressure.
RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by RiverCrest Power Holdings, LLC.