Do you have strong knowledge and understanding of finance operations (general ledger accounting, fixed asset accounting, profit center accounting, cost center accounting, capital project accounting, profitability analysis, budgeting, product cost buildup and variance reporting, financial forecasting and financial reporting, consolidation, tax, treasury, SEC reporting, MYSAP financials)? Do you also have experience with SAP R/3?
If so, we have a dynamic position for you!
The SAP Systems Analyst position is for the Finance area. The Analyst will engage with finance colleagues to provide analysis, solutioning design, and implementation for IT requests and projects to meet the functional goals, objectives, and strategic needs of the finance business. The position will be responsible for conducting analysis and system design, configuration, modification, testing and release, maintenance and integration of Sage's enterprise wide systems, and SAP ECC across the financial area. This includes the development of functional specs, design documents, and functional testing documents as needed to meet the goals and objectives of the business working closely with the Systems Analyst Manager and wider IT teams.
• Work closely with colleagues to support Sage’s strategy and objectives and proactively develop knowledge of system configuration frameworks, methodologies, and ways of working within the IT Systems Analysis function
• Responsible for the creation of functional design outputs that provides clarity for estimating and planning while working with solution designers and project managers
• Support IT Systems Analysis Manager in delivering the vision for the team
• Work with development teams throughout design, development and testing activities
• Provide proactive, effective communication with business and IT stakeholders on regional initiatives and understands stakeholder roles, motivation and level of involvement
• Identify risks and issues and propose appropriate mitigation
• Champion technology innovation and continuous improvement in technology that will enable change and/or improvement of existing business operations to feed into the solution design
At least 5 years of extensive experience in SAP project life cycle deployments and/or sustain operations
At least 3 years’ experience in configuration activities associated with an SAP system in one or many of the key modules within FICO
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in a multi-instance global organization
• Ability to coordinate priorities across multiple projects and groups and analyze complex business processes and provide consultation to users regarding processes and procedures to ensure business is achieving maximum efficiencies out of SAP
• Experience in using Agile analysis tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience working within a Waterfall and Agile (e.g. Scrum) environment
• Understands the importance of building relationships with stakeholder and can communicate complex ideas, requirements and solutions in a consistent, clear and effective way.
• In-depth operations/functional knowledge in one or more areas of the business
• Commercially astute – able to understand commercial drivers
• Applies an analytical approach to problem solving, can apply (new) concepts and experience to understand and resolve underlying issues and attentive to detail, through in applying quality standards and understands best practices