Mobile Field Technician (Traveling RVer/Workcamper)
POSTED ON 2/16/2021CLOSED ON 3/15/2021
Southern Cross CorporationEster, AKFull Time
Job Posting for Mobile Field Technician (Traveling RVer/Workcamper) at Southern Cross Corporation
What We Do-Our Purpose
Southern Cross partners with natural gas, electric, water, and oil utilities to ensure our mutual success. We have been in business for seven decades as an industry leader, innovator, and effective partner in utility field services. We have locations across North America and partner with our customers and employees to protect lives, property and client infrastructure by delivering high quality services.
Who We Are-Our Company Culture
We are a company who differentiates ourselves from the competition because of the high quality of our people, our work, and our processes. By fostering a culture of quality, innovation, and teamwork we work together to find better ways of getting things done. If you share these values and are looking to start or build a solid career, here’s one word of advice-apply!
Southern Cross is looking for hard-working and self-motivated people for several positions as Mobile Field Technicians. As a mobile Field Technician, you will be given the opportunity for some travel as you provide a valuable public safety service to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Entering process required data in an accurate and timely manner
· Complete work in an efficient manner and meet all required completion dates
· Adhere to all safety and quality policies
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Follow all company and client safety, quality, and operational policies and procedures
· Serve the customer, and exceed their expectations, as they are our first priority
· Full Time (8-10 hours daily); occasional weekends and overtime as needed
· $11.50 per/hour
· $300 per/week per diem; per diem covers RV lot rent, food, electricity, propane, etc.
· Southern Cross' relocation mileage is .825/ mile while towing/moving/relocating your R.V.
· Experience as a RV Workcamper preferred but not required
· Willing to deploy anywhere nationwide
· You must have work vehicle for daily work use: Southern Cross' standard mileage rate is .575 /mile
· Availability to attend training for 4-5 weeks at a TBD location
· Has access to laptop, computer, and internet for virtual training
· Work is performed in residential, rural, commercial and/or industrial settings
· Valid, Unexpired Driver’s License
· Pass a 7-year background check and Drug Test
· Must be proficient in using technology
· Must adhere to safety requirements & have customer service experience
· Must be able to work outdoors in various weather and walk 3+ miles per day
· Candidates must provide valid vehicle insurance coverage prior to start of employment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, crouching, kneeling, and walking several miles per day; carry a minimum of 20 lbs. of equipment.
BENEFITS: Medical/Dental/Vision Plan, 401K Plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Training & Development, Company Discount Program, and many more benefits! **For qualified employees only**
***This position is intended for the person who lives full-time in their RV (recreational vehicle) and enjoys working outdoors. You must have a self-contained travel trailer or a RV (motor coach), suitable for full-time living with viable transportation (a car/truck) for duty during your workday. Hotels will not be provided. ***
Our industry requires all candidates to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a 7 year background check.
To learn more about us, please visit our careers website at: www.southerncrosshire.com.
Southern Cross Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.