Southern New Hampshire ServicesNashua, NHFull Time
Job Posting for Head Start Preschool Teacher - Nashua NH at Southern New Hampshire Services
Southern NH Services is seeking a Head Start Teacher in Nashua, NH. Join our team and make a difference in your community!
The Teacher has primary responsibility for the overall health and safety of the infants, toddlers/ preschoolers in the program. S/He works as a member of the classroom team in forming trusting relationships with the children and families, developing lesson plans, ongoing assessment, and general classroom management.
Head Start provides:
Classroom support including available on-site coaching
Technology to implement curriculum and assessment
Four training days per year; additional professional development opportunities including workshops or coursework for credit
Opportunities for Advancement in the field of early childhood education
Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Bachelor's Degree in related field with 18 credits in ECE, including at least one 3 credit course in Child Growth and Development
This position is 40 hours per week/41 weeks per year. Full Year position also available!
Apply online at: http://www.snhs.org/jobs/
Visit our website at www.snhs.orgfor more locations and opportunities
SNHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1. Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
2. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment.
3. Welcome and support families as the primary educator of their child, encouraging the involvement of families and supporting the development of relationships between children and families; provide opportunities for families to participate in the curriculum outside of the classroom.
4. Plan and implement daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children
5. Assure completion of teaching responsibilities including, but not limited to:
Complete developmental and behavioral screenings on each child within 45 days of starting date and continue with on-going observation and assessment procedures throughout enrollment in the program.
Plan and provide daily classroom activities (both teacher-initiated and child-initiated) geared to meet individual needs and interests of the children.
Complete 4 family visits per year, scheduling all meetings at the convenience of the family, with the goal of 2 home visits and 2 center visits each year.
In the SNHS, Inc. Child Development program, a teacher should expect to:
1. Kneel to address children at eye level.
2. Be able to demonstrate motor activities that may include running, hopping, jumping, dancing, and full body motions.
3. Be able to run after a child in peril.
4. Lift children in emergencies.
5. Nurture children who may need consoling in the case of challenging behaviors.
6. Get on the ground with children in case of fire and help them crawl to safety.
7. Sometimes get kicked or hit accidentally during exuberant play.
Nice To Haves
Enthusiasm & Energy!
Sense of Humor
Commitment to ongoing learning
Basic use of technology
Health, dental & vision insurance plans
Retirement program with a 10% employer contribution after 1 year