JC Dispersions is a manufacturer of high-quality ink. We're a rapidly growing company based in Columbia, SC. We're seeking an experienced Production Manager that has worked within pigment or ink manufacturing to further support our growth. This is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and the ideal candidate is organized and able to balance their work effectively.
Production Manager Essential Functions:
• Contributes to long-term manufacturing strategies, utilizing continuous improvement / Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) techniques to improve productivity.
• Instills a positive, can-do atmosphere, meeting with production associates regularly to reflect on achievements, problems, solutions and challenges to sustain a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
• Identifies safety risks and takes action to mitigate or eliminate hazards.
• Creates the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by developing, implementing and ensuring that standardized work practices, work instructions and manufacturing routers are accurate and followed, with countermeasures identified and resolved as needed.
• Ensures production associates receive effective cross-training that assures a continuous, smooth-running operation with emphasis on quality at the source, and a workforce that is empowered to stop and fix problems to get quality right the first time.
• Plans and executes production schedules for on-time delivery in accordance with lead time.
Productions Manager Qualifications:
• Experience working with pigment and/or ink manufacturing.
• Ability to work under pressure and apply flexibility as needed to achieve Company goals
• Strong knowledge of current Supply Chain industry practices.
• Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
• Extensive knowledge of operations and production management.
• Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to evaluate and improve process flows and efficiencies.