Illinois Cancer Specialists is looking for a full-time Accountant to join our team! This position is located at our Central Business Office in Schaumburg, IL and the work is performed in an office and work from home environment. Illinois Cancer Specialists is dedicated to providing compassionate, convenient, and leading-edge cancer care to patients in Chicago and the surrounding areas. As part of the US Oncology Network, we deliver high-quality, evidence-based care to patients close to home.
Why work for us?
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous PTO program, a 401k program with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you for practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains general ledger, including preparing financial schedules, writing journal entries, etc. Maintains cash schedules, inspects account status and transfers cash as necessary to cover disbursements.
- Processes monthly close of all practices and management companies in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures accruals are appropriately made each month. Reviews G/L coding on invoices before checks are released to ensure accurate coding.
- Works with Controller and management to obtain all necessary information and explanations. Ensures compliance with Management Services Agreements for all practices. Ensures accurate accounting for new practices including opening balance sheet, subsequent adjustments to B/S and MSA, etc.
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and supported by valid detail. Reviews monthly reporting package for all practices for accuracy, reasonableness and completeness.
- Ensures timely submission of reporting packages to Controller for review. Responds to Controller inquiries in a timely manner. Meets Corporate reporting deadlines.
- Provides various practice specific reporting as requested by Controller. Ensures accuracy and completeness of fixed assets records including depreciation. Implements new fixed asset system. Determines and records discounts/reserves for practices as necessary. Assists in the annual budgeting process for all practices. Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues.
- May oversee functions of Staff Accountants or Accounting Specialists/support staff.
The ideal candidate for the Accountant position will have the following background and experience:
* Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or Finance.
* At least two to three years experience in healthcare management.
* Must have strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
This position offers work that is performed in an office and a work from home environment. Involves frequent interaction with staff, patients and the public, and requires 20% of local travel.