Job Posting for Environmental, Health & Safety Technician at Wabash
1. Assist with maintaining and implementing cost-effective EHS programs that ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and Wabash National policies relating to safety and the environment.
2. Assist with and maintain all required Environmental permits for the process, equipment or discharges generated at the facility.
3. Provide guidance and support to management on EHS issues. Work closely with all levels of associate's to establish, maintain, and improve EHS programs.
4. Develop a thorough knowledge of equipment and materials used in the facility, including pollution control devices.
5. Promptly notify EHS Manager and appropriate operations Supervisor of potential enforcement issues, accidents, or control device malfunctions.
6. Aid in the timely preparation of required reports to regulatory agencies as requested.
7. Develop and implement procedures/SOPs to reduce safety/ environmental risks and to address emergency situations.
8. Review materials used by manufacturing operations and maintains MSDS database.
9. Maintain a comprehensive and organized recordkeeping system so that the facility is capable of verifying compliance with all applicable regulations.
10. Ensure responsible parties are immediately notified of EHS concerns and action is immediately taken.
11. As appropriate, assigned, retain and oversee vendors, contractors dealing with EHS issues
12. Attend training sessions, meetings, and seminars to maintain proficiency in EHS areas.
13. Develop and provide EHS related training programs to ensure associate's knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations and requirements.
14. Performing associate training as designated. Assist with safety PPE selection and EHS/Medical related routine supplies
15. Fire Protection Systems operation, testing and record keeping. Implement elements of the WNC 2Fire Prevention Plan.
16. Assis with annual property inspection sand record keeping
17. Maintain fall protection equipment inventory. Spill response and containment as needed
18. Assist with development and review of Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessment procedures
19. Required to maintain First Aid/CPR certification as act as a first responder at the site
20. Drivers accompanies associates to local clinics as needed for medical/ safety related appointments
21. Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Manager
22. Manage, deliver, and maintain operations involving paint inventories and associated actives
Strong problem-solving skills
Strong ability to work independently
Understanding of Wabash National products and thecomponents used to make the products
Must be strong willed and capable of managingstress in a multi project environment
Understanding of the receiving process and inventory flow process
Strong understanding of the layout of the warehouse and other component storage locations.
Understanding of warehouse receiving process, component storage process, material ordering, and the material movement.
Strong understanding of record keeping
Able to identify information on packing slips
Reading Bill of Ladings
Strong communication skills
Follow up on emails
Able to communicate with diverse people and personalities
Effectively communicate with multiple departments and off-site locations
Must have strong computer skills
Strong SAP knowledge
Formal training in occupational health and safety is preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) would be a plus.
1-2 years of relevant experience with health and safety programs and associated regulations is required
Previous manufacturing experience a plus.
Current driver's license.
Ability to communicate efficiently both written and orally.
Attendance, safety, quality, and work performance will be reviewed as part of the interview and selection process.