Participates in all aspects of the communications department, engaging in a wide range of community outreach efforts to register voters and provide information about voting and elections, as well as working on event planning, marketing, media outreach and candidate services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, schedule and attend voter outreach events, including voter registration drives and educational presentations
- Work towards agency objectives of registering all eligible voters, providing clear and accessible elections and voting information, and achieving voter turnout and participation goals
- Support candidates in running for office by providing information, entering data, verifying petitions, and filing forms
- Draft and distribute press releases, make follow-up media calls, and serve as a liaison with media during events
- Assist in the development and distribution of marketing materials and social media posts
- All other duties as assigned