Open Lending provides automated lending services to financial institutions, leveraging the power of Machine Learning and predictive analytics to deliver risk-based pricing – all backed by the security of our insurance carrier partners.
Before going public in 2020, Open Lending ranked among Austin’s fastest-growing, privately held companies. Starting in 2013, the company placed for seven consecutive years on the Austin Business Journal’s Fast 50 list. Additionally, Open Lending has been named as a top workplace by both the Austin Business Journal and the Austin American Statesmen.
Open Lending is seeking a lawyer with 3 years of experience in the consumer finance, consumer lending, and/or insurance regulatory spaces.
Three Reasons Why to Apply
Constantly innovate: Ability to drive the company’s regulatory compliance strategy as it relates to Open Lending’s current business as well as new products, services and initiatives
Opportunity for growth: Sharpen your skills while working directly with executive leadership within the organization and with our partners.
Company culture: We have a tight-knit organization with a positive attitude focused on supporting the success of the company and its people.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide transactional support to our Lenders Protection Program, including review, negotiation, and execution of agreements with our financial institution customers and insurance carrier partners.
- Have working knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance applicable to auto loan providers (including credit unions, banks, and captive finance companies), and advise on issues implicating consumer lending, insurance regulatory, and related applicable law, coordinating with outside counsel when necessary.
- Identify and assess legal, operational, reputational, and financial risks, and work closely with operational and support partners to mitigate them.
- Review and advise on proposed new or modified products, businesses, technology, processes, practices and procedures, and identify and address relevant legal and regulatory considerations.
- Draft, negotiate, and implement compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters and business units.
What You’ll Bring:
- Juris Doctor degree with at least three years of relevant consumer lending, insurance, and/or banking transactional or regulatory legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and interpreting complex legal documentation.
- Experience working with financial institutions, especially credit unions, preferred but not required.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of such jurisdiction.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage a large number of issues at one time, and interact with senior and executive management.
- Strategic vision to anticipate legal issues for different businesses and business models.
- Collegial; able to build and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills, judgment and character.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, life and short-term and long-term disability insurance (company pays 100% of the premium for employee and 100% of the premiums for family plans after 2 years of coverage)
- Total annual cash compensation includes base salary and bonus, plus participation in the incentive plan for non-commissioned employees
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan with match
- Eligible for long-term equity compensation
- WFH option
- Free onsite covered parking
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Onsite gym
- Free snack options