Markets provide world-class solutions that are as diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories.
The breadth, depth and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors, and industries, covering a vast array of products.
The Markets Transformation team works with all Markets businesses and functions, including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute responses to regulatory and cross-business transformational projects.
The primary mission of the team is to design and implement integrated solutions and sustainable capabilities in the most efficient and effective way for Markets and its clients.
The Markets Data Governance Office (DGO) is part of Markets Transformation and drives Data Governance policy adoption and execution at Markets level.
The team’s core remit is the implementation of a related multi-year Data Plan to ensure that our data standards and practices allow effective financial, risk and regulatory reporting as well as decision making by Management.
As a member of the Markets DGO Team, you may participate in the below activities:
• Data SME role, point of contact and coordination between Chief Data Offices, Markets and other Data teams, being a communication channel and acting as a conduit
• Data governance with relevant stakeholders and participation in forums (Products, Regions, Chief Dafa Offices, etc)
• Work towards the improvement of procedures/standards/policies and their associated steps and tools relating to the enterprise Data Plan, as well as their enforcement
• Reporting of the achievements and provide information on progress to different audiences
• Promote the development and adoption of tooling for the target state
• Develop metrics and dashboards leveraging several enterprise platforms
• Facilitate socialization & training on Chief Data Offices-led initiatives for adoption
• Oversight and review of the Data Risk stripe within the Risk & Control frameworks
• Drive the improvement of the risk tagging to correct risk stripes
• Contribute to improving the data risk taxonomy, specifically the Data Risk stripe and sub-risk stripes
• Focus on bringing the data risk within risk appetite along with risk indicators and risk reduction metrics
• Provide recommendations about data risk to the Risk & Controls, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, etc
• Participate in various forums delivering work impacting the Data Risk stripe with a view to rationalizing and simplifying potential overlaps in areas like procedures, controls, metrics, etc
• Review requests and issues raised with the DGO for assignment and resolutions as well as provide guidance
• Knowledge and experience of project management in a Front Office environment
• Industry experience in data i.e. quality, governance, management, and regulatory initiatives
• Business analysis experience as the role would require to connect the dots associated with various use cases
• Knowledge of data methodologies & frameworks along with fundamental data terminology
• Demonstrable experience in data process flows front-to-back, business operations, risk and control, and support & control areas within a large organisation
• Experience of coordinating with numerous stakeholders to drive changes and understand process impact on various change and BAU data-related topics
• Knowledge of global markets trading products (Fixed Income, Equity, Currencies & Commodities)
• Good change and BAU management skills, ability to gain consensus among teams, and drive initiatives to completion effectively
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail, as well as ability to understand where remediation needs to be implemented when issues arise
• Ability to coordinate with other data management roles
• Ability to understand processes, products, related data and reports
• Hands-on practitioner expertise in implementing operational processes and business requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce documentation and communicate with colleagues at different levels of seniority.
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience
“Mindlance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of – Minority/Gender/Disability/Religion/LGBTQI/Age/Veterans.”