Iberia Foods is in search of an Operations Excellence Analyst, who will be responsible for assisting the Director of Warehousing and Logistics in key operational objectives across its 8 distribution center locations. In this role, they will provide project management, analysis, documentation, best practice sharing, and other support to increase the operational effectiveness of the organization and will partner with various stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements.
This role presents a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial, highly driven individual with a well-rounded skill set and a passion for operations and efficiency. Our environment is driven by fast-paced company growth and requires strong productivity and a data process management background in an environment where we currently do not have a warehouse management system (WMS) and are currently exploring upgrading our existing enterprise system (ERP) within the next 2-3 years.
This role can either be based out of our Miami, FL headquarters or our Monroe Township, NJ headquarters. This role works heavily between the operations and finance departments.
The ideal candidate will possess dynamic leadership qualities, change management and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively manage operational objectives.
- Support analysis of data on key operational initiatives and provide insight to key takeaways and next steps that might need to be taken to increase the operational effectiveness of the organization.
- Within first 90 days, collect all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Work with the Director of Warehousing and Logistics, local operations managers, and relevant finance department to implement these SOPs and KPI's throughout each of the Company's locations. Emphasis is standardization of operational focused SOPs (initially, related to standardizing and monitoring the utilization of delivery and warehouse equipment, rental of delivery vehicles and maximize the utilization of company drivers vs. independent delivery companies) and KPI's (initially, related to warehouse operations, receiving, order selecting, order checking, vehicle loading, delivery route efficiencies, cases per man hour, offloads).
- To the extent needed, assist on documentation of SOP including designing process flows in coordination with local managers.
- Review operational KPI’s by entity on regular cadence and assist in identifying concerning trends and coordination with key stakeholders to address.
- Audit operational procedures and programs to identify and implement improvements resulting in increased timeliness and productivity.
- Provide hands on tactical support and execution on assigned tasks which help improve system stability or pave the way towards future objectives.
- Support Director of Warehousing and Logistics with various taskforces and adoption of standardized best practices to improve the performance of the operations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and system enhancements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct store delivery industry ("DSD") strongly preferred. Food or beverage industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelors degree in logistics management, supply chain management, operations preferred.
- Relevant experience in a multi-location and/or multi-state organization preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to transform data into actionable insights.
- Deadline-driven, detail oriented, conscientious, and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Able to identify, analyze and solve relevant business problems in a timely manner.
- Able to operate effectively in a fast-paced work environment, manage competing demands and deal with potential changes.
- Able to operate with a high degree of autonomy and, at the same time, comfortable to follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Crystal Reports.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive business data and other information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to speak clearly and succinctly relative to needs, questions, goals, etc.
- Able to act independently, operating on accurate details and excellent judgment.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and present large amount of data.
- Capable of learning and utilizing ERP systems to access data.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Data analysis skills: 5 years (Required)
- Warehouse distribution: 5 years (Required)
- Direct Store Delivery: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person