DHL, Lithia Springs GA location is looking to add an Logistics Planner to our Trade Compliance Export Team! This role is responsible for managing and resolving data integrity issues related to Compliance documentation for the transport and distribution of equipment, materials, and goods used and produced by our customer. Must have a background in Trade Compliance, Import/Export Documentation preparation and requirements, AES Filings, current working knowledge and utilizing MS Office (Access, Excel, Outlook).
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are a part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn’t stop our customer’s products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be a part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn’t break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
Ensure effective coordination (including maximizing service and cost performance) of inbound and outbound freight movements, including shuttle service activities for all customer orders and manufactured inventory between the carrier and consignment locations.
• Build and validate (cost, service) daily load plan through EFMS, Topex, or TMS system or Red PrairieRoute interactive, expedite requests and ensure all principal request carrier selections are honored
• Ensure carrier receipt of daily load tenders via 204, fax, or TMS equip
• Coordinate appointment acquisition to ensure adherence to customer delivery requirements
• Communicate frequently with internal (DHL Supply Chain transportation, customer support, operations) and external customers (carriers, client transportation, client Customer Service Organizations) to ensure consistency in direction and expectations
• Coordinate carrier pickup times, and provide daily shipment plan to distribution center
• Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities that improves financial performance and service levels, enhancing value proposition for internal and external customers
• Identify compliance issues and participate in metric feedback process. Propose possible remedies / action plans to Operations supervisor
• Yard and shuttle service supervision.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required
• 0-3 years of logistics industry experience
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.