10x Genomics is a high-growth genomics instruments, consumables and software company, founded in 2012 and now comprising 600+ employees. 10x is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, 10x’s Chromium System performs deep cellular analyses, enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. The company’s mission is to accelerate the mastery of biology to advance human health.
Since launching its first product in 2015, 10x Genomics has quickly become one of the most successful and impactful companies in the life sciences industry. The company raised a total of $243 million in funding from investors that included Venrock, Fidelity, and Softbank. 10x went public in September 2019 in an IPO that raised nearly $390 million. 10x has reported significant growth in revenue, generating $146 million in 2018, with >100% annual growth. In a short period of time, 10x has achieved leadership across multiple fields in the life sciences, enabling fundamental discoveries described in over 450 peer-reviewed publications. The company is in the very early stages of its growth and anticipates many opportunities ahead, spanning basic research as well as applications in biopharma and clinical diagnostics.
Products and Solutions
Since introducing its first commercial product in 2015, 10x has launched numerous products spanning instruments, reagents, and software across multiple application areas, including single cell analysis, immunology and spatial genomics. The company’s Chromium platform has a global install base of over 1,000 instruments, used across many areas of biology, including oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. In 2018 10x launched multiple new products and made its first two acquisitions to bring in new technologies for future product development. The company has an extensive and deep product pipeline and will continue advancing within existing product lines and expand into new directions.
Inside Sales Specialist, AMR Remote
Manages the customer sales process for products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Includes generating qualified sales leads, engaging with existing customers, guiding customers to products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes and closing the sales. Collaborates closely with the wider sales team to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific product line and/or sales territory.
• Manages the customer sales process for specific territory, products lines and/or accounts via phone and e-mail.
• Independently establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
• Helps specific sales team to meet sales targets, provide accurate forecasting, and in maintaining lead, opportunity, and customer information in the CRM database.
• Activities include further qualifying in-bound marketing qualified leads, engaging with existing customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the products that best meet needs, coordinating with internal team to address customer questions or objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
• Works collaboratively with the wider sales team including Sales Execs, Technical Sales Specialists and Customer Service.
• Establishes and maintains strong, positive, productive relationships with clients including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
• Track and report on all activities to managers.
Required Skills and Background
• B. S. in life science, chemistry or business required.
• Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line
NGS Sales experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
• Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate well and think quick on your feet
• Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to identify customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM database required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.