10x Genomics is a high-growth genomics instruments, consumables and software company, founded in 2012 and now comprising 600+ employees. 10x is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, 10x’s Chromium System performs deep cellular analyses, enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. The company’s mission is to accelerate the mastery of biology to advance human health.
Since launching its first product in 2015, 10x Genomics has quickly become one of the most successful and impactful companies in the life sciences industry. The company raised a total of $243 million in funding from investors that included Venrock, Fidelity, and Softbank. 10x went public in September 2019 in an IPO that raised nearly $390 million. 10x has reported significant growth in revenue, generating $146 million in 2018, with >100% annual growth. In a short period of time, 10x has achieved leadership across multiple fields in the life sciences, enabling fundamental discoveries described in over 450 peer-reviewed publications. The company is in the very early stages of its growth and anticipates many opportunities ahead, spanning basic research as well as applications in biopharma and clinical diagnostics.
Products and Solutions
Since introducing its first commercial product in 2015, 10x has launched numerous products spanning instruments, reagents, and software across multiple application areas, including single cell analysis, immunology and spatial genomics. The company’s Chromium platform has a global install base of over 1,000 instruments, used across many areas of biology, including oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. In 2018 10x launched multiple new products and made its first two acquisitions to bring in new technologies for future product development. The company has an extensive and deep product pipeline and will continue advancing within existing product lines and expand into new directions.
Science & Technology Advisor (STA) - North Central Region
The Science & Technology Advisor (STA) is primarily responsible for accelerating the sales process and maximizing revenue for every sales opportunity in their territory. They will conduct sales and related sales support activities for all products and applications within the 10x Genomics portfolio. The STA is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of all products and applications within the 10x Genomics portfolio. The STA expected to be a field technical expert. They will sell products to specified academic, government, private, and/or industrial accounts in an assigned territory: Incumbent will work from a remote location but must be located within the territory with a strong preference for ready access to a major airport.
- Partner closely with Sales Executives to generate, qualify, and close sales opportunities
- Work with product management/R&D/applications/marketing and field sales to develop and disseminate content, strategy, collaborations, and go-to market activities
- Maintain appropriate records and provides relevant information to help forecast business as needed
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback both to field sales as well as internal product management colleagues
- Provide weekly, monthly, and/or ad hoc business/activity reports as required
- Coordinate and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars, trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Achieve assigned territory sales goals by calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, email, telephone, video conference, etc
- Work closely with sales executive counterparts to develop specific account growth, penetration, and support activities
- Provide mentorship, training, and education to colleagues and/or customers as applicable
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills including small and large group presentations
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience with NGS, immunology, cell biology, and molecular biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the company
- Ability to walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Overnight travel up to 80% of the time based on territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance, and acceptable driving record
- PhD in a relevant field of study
- Track record of success selling and negotiating
- 5+ years commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, hospital, government, biotech and/or biopharmaceutical accounts
- Deep and broad NGS experience
- Single cell genomics experience
- Multi-lingual skills desired
- Experience using a CRM system (e.g. SFDC)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.