Oversees client and internal site operations by ensuring personnel are inspecting and repairing fire extinguishers.
Essential Responsibilities, includes but are not limited to
- Supervises and provides guidance to service technicians and that are working within the specific business segment and participates in manager on-call/stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures. Supervising h the team is operating within the guidelines of the company and the business unit, while conforming to state and local codes.
- Assists or Conducts and completes all performance appraisals in a timely manner. Supervises disciplinary measures when necessary and conveys all critical issues to management.
- Assists Manager in maintaining strong customer relationships and ensures service technician performance meets customer requirements through direct management and communication. Helps generate sales proposals and identifies, maximizes and communicates all opportunities to management. Provides technical assistance when necessary.
- Supervises labor hours for efficiency and safety and ensures work orders and employee times are accurate. Reviews and provides feedback to service technicians. Feedback to management that includes highlighting areas where productivity needs to be improved and recognizing individuals for outstanding performance.
- Conducts safety meetings with service technicians to help identify and develop areas of continuous aggressive improvement. Performs safety observations ensuring safety rules, policies, awareness and practices are followed, and corrective measures are implemented. Follows all Safety guidelines for reporting incidents and/or injuries.
- Inspect, repair, and test fire extinguishers using hand tools.
- Dismantle extinguishers and examine mechanical parts, extinguishing agents, and expelling means; replaces worn or damaged parts.
- Clean extinguishers and recharge them with approved materials.
- Assist in fire safety inspection.
- Working conditions include restricted movement, on-site work, lifting or carrying of heavy objects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Sincere and Committed to Customer Service & Safety
- Accurate and Productive to Support Quality
- Fearlessly Ethical, Fair and Consistent to ensure Organizational Integrity and Safety Compliance
- Empowered to support engaged growth by ensuring team collaboration, development and motivation
- Ready & Urgent Subject Matter Leader
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in supervisory role, fire extinguisher service experience
- Prefer to have the following - Fire Alarm License, Sprinkler Alarm License, Suppression License. State of Texas Type B Fire Extinguisher License required.
- Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Current TWIC Card.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
Excellent presentation and leadership skills.
- Skill in inspection, repair, maintenance and testing techniques for fire safety equipment and systems.
- Experience in fire suppression preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Competent computer skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be flexible to work long hours including on-call, weekends and holiday schedule.
- Willingness to travel a must.
- *All inspections, repairs and maintenance on fire extinguishers and systems is performed in accordance with NFPA-10
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; reach; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The employee will be required to work in varied temperatures: heat and cold work spaces.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, direct hire position.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We recognize each individual’s potential to offer significant contributions to our organization’s growth and stability.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.