What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a copywriter to join our growing in-house creative team. This position requires at least 3 years of experience writing marketing copy, including for data-driven advertising, SEO-driven webpages, and strategic email campaigns. Expertise in advertising is strongly preferred. The copywriter is expected to work directly and independently with marketing stakeholders as well as with creative team designers and multimedia specialists.
All applicants must submit a portfolio with work that demonstrates strategic advertising, web, and email skills to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Write copy — display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc. — that supports the marketing efforts of 2U partner programs.
- Create original, persuasive copy that promotes and differentiates 2U’s partner programs’ unique benefits.
- Manage new program launches and the creation of brand style guides without oversight.
- Understand and work from creative briefs submitted by stakeholders; meet the goals of the project as established in the brief while offering creative solutions.
- Establish and maintain the voice, tone, and brand identity for multiple 2U partner programs.
- Manage multiple project deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proofread and edit marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling, and grammar.
- Translate complex concepts into clear, concise and reader-friendly copy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with marketing stakeholders across brand marketing, SEO, web analytics, and advertising operations teams.
- Manage and maintain all copy assets for multiple programs and act as direct point-of-contact for those programs.
- Present work to stakeholders and offer clear, strategic rationales that support creative.
- Approach projects collaboratively, working with stakeholders across marketing, while upholding the team’s mission and values.
- Act as a member of a large creative team, upholding the goals and values of the team while driving the work forward.
- Work closely and independently with other members of the creative team, including writers, designers, videographers, animators, and team leadership.
- Represent the team in meetings with stakeholders across marketing.
- Support junior copywriters and new team members.
- Communicate concerns, challenges, ideas, and solutions with manager and/or team leadership.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of copywriting experience, particularly writing for advertising campaigns
- Must have knowledge of AP and Chicago style and experience using client style guides
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to think of creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Openness to feedback and ability to take direction
- Ability to drive projects without a lot of oversight
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience in higher education is preferred
- Experience working as a writer in an agency setting
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.