Summary of Job:
The Curriculum Development team manages relationships for Curriculum & Learning with academic leadership across 2U degree programs. We provide ongoing evaluation of course performance as well as oversight for the revision and evolution of each degree curriculum.
The Manager, Curriculum Development is responsible for executing on business priorities and providing support for strategic best practices across the Curriculum Development team. S/he will develop processes to improve the team’s workflow, manage projects that increase the team’s impact, and contribute to the management of stakeholder relationships.
To contribute successfully, the Manager, Curriculum Development will need to be a results-oriented, driven professional with fine-tuned analytical skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to communicate with the highest caliber of professionalism to both internal and external stakeholders. S/he must be willing to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the team.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Process Development and Improvement
- Assist management in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support team initiatives - update and adapt to changes as needed
- Take initiative to support to the broader Curriculum Development team by reconciling and managing multi-stage communications and data for projects
- Create action plans and track/communicate progress of projects. Delegate and oversee success of tasks related to projects
- Devise and implement standardized, efficient workflows and documentation that can work effectively across programs and stakeholders, and with existing and emerging systems
- Work with Curriculum Development management to proactively review and update internal team training process, materials, and transition plans
- Create and maintain resource materials and presentations for use with internal stakeholders
- Capture and record key events, decisions, and outcomes in departmental knowledge management system
- Create and maintain calendar of strategic initiatives for team
- Additional operational and administrative support, as needed
- Stakeholder Management
- Assist team in the communication and resolution of open issues, and support communications with internal and external stakeholders, and within various systems, as needed
- Contribute to the review, preparation for and analysis of ongoing curriculum review discussions. Document and manage ongoing action items and communications as needed
- Create, maintain and share partner presentation materials
- *Additional time may be required to further support stakeholder management, as needed, at manager’s discretion
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of experience, with roles including client management, operations or project management
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Consistent excellence in communications, both written and verbal, is required
- Excellent computer skills required, coupled with the ability to quickly learn new software suites and functionality
- Must be able to set and manage priorities skillfully and manage time effectively
- Must be able to work autonomously to achieve defined project goals
- Must be able to build and maintain successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and consistent follow through
- Must be able to work successfully and independently in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong familiarity with web-based delivery and video technology
Travel estimated to be 5%-10%
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.