We are seeking:
A creative, results-driven Social Media Specialist. Working closely with the Content Team, we are looking for a motivated individual passionate about social media to spearhead our social media monitoring and content scheduling, and support engaging and educational content creation across mediums. This position is a great fit for a digital marketer who has worked in the technology or education space or a tech savvy content writer experienced in social media marketing.
In this job you will:
- Be our eyes and ears on social media - monitoring social media conversations, providing top-rate customer support to create an engaged community, routing messages to the right people across the organization to make sure our followers get the information they need, and recommending action plans to drive additional engagement.
- Provide support with content strategy development and editorial calendar maintenance to help connect our partner brands to our customers, generate awareness, build community, and drive action
- Partner with the content team to manage presence across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, developing new and creative ways to generate buzz through content creation.
- Spearhead social media initiatives (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to drive traffic and brand awareness through content publishing, fan acquisition, and engagement
- Conceptualize, create, and post engaging and educational content that resonates with our followers across different boot camp programs and geographical locations.
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- 2+ years experience as a digital marketer or Social Media Specialist
- Ability to create compelling, original content on a variety of technology topics ranging from web development and UX/UI to data analytics and cybersecurity
- Skilled in social media planning, tactics, and online community management
- Understands how content works on social media, and can convey compelling information in digestible bites optimized for each social platform
- Has a creative mindset, excellent writing skills, visual eye, and is on top of the latest digital marketing trends
- Experience with popular social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, AgoraPulse, etc)
- Excellent attention to detail and strong command of the English language and grammar
- Voracious appetite for learning - about digital technology, new markets, online business strategy
- Able to write as a subject-matter expert on a variety of technology and education industry topics
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment with a proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and work with all levels of an organization
- Competency to respond to shifting priorities quickly and effectively when necessary
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Docs, and Google Analytics a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.