3Q Digital is leading the disruption of the growth marketing industry by turning our clients into market leaders and household names across the B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and FinTech verticals. We’re independent and values-driven, and the way we work reflects our Silicon Valley roots: we're relentless, curious, and accept no limits in driving growth for our clients and each other.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile, analytics, CRO, creative, and business strategy. We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalize on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields.
We are committed to building and sustaining an environment where everyone feels psychologically safe and valued. We seek frequent, open feedback from our team and we offer company-wide training and regular, open discussions on diversity, equity, inclusion and other social issues.
As Art Director, you will be responsible for translating the client’s strategy, goals, and vision into marketing assets. You will be hands-on in the execution of creative projects—and thrive on both thinking conceptually and tackling production work, delivering files to our production artists that will make them proud. Be ready to work on everything from banners and social ads to web design, videos and rebranding projects. You will also assist the Creative Director, Associate Creative Directors, and Project Managers in overseeing client accounts. You are able to dig in and design but can also be a mentor, thriving on passing on your knowledge to your team members and helping them grow. You are an ace at managing multiple projects and competing initiatives without letting anything slip. You are passionate about design and performance marketing and your work is always top-notch! You have great communication skills and enjoy evangelizing your designs—both internally and to the client. “Eagle Eyes” is your middle name, “Diligence” your last. You are highly accountable, responsive, and able to effectively and efficiently work on your own and within the team.
The Art Director reports to the Associate Creative Director, Art.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating original concepts with clear, concise art direction and design that is both visually interesting, on brand, and focused on performance marketing
- Designing in a range of visual styles as appropriate for different clients and mediums and integrating design requirements and best practices into all phases of production
- Developing and presenting creative solutions on behalf of the agency that are informed by research and data and that generate a demonstrable ROI for our clients
- Assisting the Creative Director and Associate Creative Directors
- Maintaining responsibility for each project through final execution, including QA and reviewing and signing off on all revisions and production phases
- Collaborating with Project Managers on resourcing, budgets, and timelines
You’ll need to have:
- 5-7 years as a visual designer producing for advertising and digital marketing
- Design or Interactive Media related degree or equivalent experience in the interactive design field
- A passion for advertising, web technologies, social media platforms and know all about their abilities and limitations
- A solid understanding/love for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat
- The instinctual ability to tell a compelling story with design
- Stellar communication across these core areas: verbal, written, presentation, and meeting facilitation in both individual and group settings
- Proven ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
- Meticulous organization and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time
- Comfort in participating in brainstorming sessions designed toward specific outputs and client solutions
- An openness to other points of view and ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- An ability to handle shifting priorities
- Experience co-managing multiple clients, account teams, and varied projects, tight deadlines and high volume of work
- A willingness to adhere to the creative team processes
- An amazing portfolio
Additional things that will impress us:
- Experience in providing art direction to production artists, vendors and freelancers
- Experience in a performance marketing agency
- Past experience working in 3Q creative team’s communication (Slack) and project management (Asana, Harvest) tools
Proficiency in the following programs/tools:
- After Effects*
- XD or Sketch*
- Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Docs)
- Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge*
- Appreciation of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest)
- Mac platform pro
*Starred items are required.
About Us3Q’s unique culture is developed and nurtured by our fantastic people and our core values:Be Inclusive. We value everyone’s ideas and opinions and commit to building a psychologically safe environment to foster them. Our hiring, communications, and promotions practices reflect our belief that diverse perspectives and equitable and inclusive practices continue to push us and our clients to find new ways to lead.Act for the Greater Good. We lead with empathy and teamwork. During good times and bad, we are committed to supporting each other, our clients, and our communities.Own It. We are accountable: to ourselves, to our teams, to our clients. We are proactive, we communicate clearly, and we follow through.Accept No Limits. We are intellectually curious and resourceful. We constantly challenge the status quo to find or develop innovations that drive breakthrough opportunities for our teams and our clients.We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity.
3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q an inclusive, psychologically safe organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.No agencies please, principals only
- No.3 on AdAge’s Best Places to Work 2020
- One of Inc.’s Best Places to Work in 2019
- Winner of the 2019 US Search Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Award
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, a 401K plan and company match, and paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars