3Q Digital is leading the disruption of the growth marketing industry by turning our clients into market leaders and household names across the B2C, B2B, ecommerce, and FinTech verticals. We’re independent and values-driven, and the way we work reflects our Silicon Valley roots: we're relentless, curious, and accept no limits in driving growth for our clients and each other.
We offer full marketing services including SEM, SEO, social advertising, display, mobile, analytics, CRO, creative, and business strategy. We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalize on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields.
We are committed to building and sustaining an environment where everyone feels psychologically safe and valued. We seek frequent, open feedback from our team and we offer company-wide training and regular, open discussions on diversity, equity, inclusion and other social issues.
The Account Associate is responsible for supporting the Account Manager with online advertising campaigns across Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Facebook. As an Account Associate, you will work on approximately 4 – 6 accounts and be responsible for studying and mastering 3Q’s best practices for SEM and social marketing knowledge, both on the job and during an intensive training program.
We will be hiring for Summer 2021.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Learning the fundamentals of search engine marketing & paid social marketing
- Sharpening your technical skills in Excel, 3rd-party tools, and SEM and Social platforms
- Developing an ability to contribute towards and drive strategy for clients
- Using SEM and Social platforms and 3rd-party tools to pull client reports
- Implementing tests (Ad Copy, Landing Page, Bid, Geo)
- Working on ad hoc tasks delegated by the Account Manager or client
- Managing priorities, multitasking, and delivering high-quality work
- Keeping current on marketing blogs
- Writing ad copy, analyze query traffic, research keywords, and complete routine
You’ll need to have:
- 0 - 6 months of paid search (SEM) or social marketing experience
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize to deliver multiple tasks on time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional things that will impress us:
- A Google Ads certification
- You are an energetic and creative digital marketing enthusiast; eager to roll up your sleeves and be hands on, learn, and grow in the digital marketing space
- You are entrepreneurial spirited and a self-starter; able to work both independently and in a team environment
- A desire to stay current with the latest marketing trends
Training at 3Q
Our training program is built to help you rapidly advance your career: we promote our Account Associates in an average of six months; within two years at 3Q, we turn most Account Associates into respected Account Managers.
You’ll have hands-on support every step of the way from when you walk in the door on day one, through your first tasks and interactions with clients, all the way until you’re leading a Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
During your time at 3Q we’ll offer, and create a transcript for, different training programs that are tailored to your current level of experience. We’ve broken a few of those out below.
- Onboarding: Our onboarding program involves two weeks of hands-on instruction along with frequent reviews and feedback. After completing this program, you’ll be prepared to complete a variety of tasks for your team, and you’ll have a high-level understanding of how search works.
- Extended Onboarding: For an additional six weeks, you’ll be invited to twice-weekly workshops that cover a broad range of topics. The purpose of these workshops is to help develop a broad understanding of industry topics and to sharpen skills for more advanced tasks.
- Hands-on Task Assistance: During your first eight weeks, we encourage newer team members to work with our training team while completing routine tasks. You’ll have an opportunity to receive instant feedback on your work and get instruction on the less tangible aspects of workflow, technique, and QA.
- Assessments and Feedback: You’ll have three formalized review sessions during your first 90 days at 3Q. We have a quiz based review at two weeks, an informal check-in at 45 days, and an in-person case study format assessment at 90 days. The purpose of all three is to ensure that you’re developing a comprehensive skill set and have a sharp understanding of all of our company best practices.
- On-the-Job Training: While working within your team structure, you’ll benefit from a collaborative culture that is highly supportive and provides tons of hands-on learning experiences. You’ll work side by side with more senior team members, and you’ll also have our entire agency worth of experts available to assist you any time you’re working on tasks.
- Coaching: We have a variety of 1:1 coaching programs aimed at assisting team members as they practice the skills involved in communicating with clients. You’ll have opportunities to work 1:1 with our trainers to sharpen skills needed for tasks that range from emails to client calls to in-person presentations. Each session is formatted in a 30-60 minute/week format, and they generally last between 4-6 weeks.
- Managerial Skills Development: All of our first-time managers have an opportunity to participate in a group-based skills development program. This program walks your group through a seven-week course that covers aspects of becoming a first-time manager including: how to provide feedback, project management, communication technique, task delegation, and other more.
About Us3Q’s unique culture is developed and nurtured by our fantastic people and our core values:Be Inclusive.We value everyone’s ideas and opinions and commit to building a psychologically safe environment to foster them. Our hiring, communications, and promotions practices reflect our belief that diverse perspectives and equitable and inclusive practices continue to push us and our clients to find new ways to lead.Act for the Greater Good.We lead with empathy and teamwork. During good times and bad, we are committed to supporting each other, our clients, and our communities.Own It.We are accountable: to ourselves, to our teams, to our clients. We are proactive, we communicate clearly, and we follow through.Accept No Limits.We are intellectually curious and resourceful. We constantly challenge the status quo to find or develop innovations that drive breakthrough opportunities for our teams and our clients.We are a collaborative, open-door, best-idea-wins environment that fosters personal and company growth and has fun doing it. We promote work/life balance and encourage constant learning by offering unparalleled training, mentorship, and development for career progression. And perhaps the best, most fundamental part of our culture: authenticity.
3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q an inclusive, psychologically safe organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leadership. Our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel.No agencies please, principals only
- No.3 on AdAge’s Best Places to Work 2020
- One of Inc.’s Best Places to Work in 2019
- Winner of the 2019 US Search Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Award
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits including health, dental, vision, a 401K plan and company match, and paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Volunteer opportunities, team retreats, and lunch seminars