▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed
Be Courageous with Your Point of View
Challenge the Status Quo
Act Like an Entrepreneur
Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
Do the Right Thing
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
Being a 7-Eleven Field Consultant isn’t easy. In fact, it’s pretty challenging. We believe great training is the foundation for exceptional performance. Therefore, we provide a comprehensive development program which includes an extensive in-store process covering all aspects of store operations including fresh food and merchandising concepts, operating procedures, and financial information. You’ll turn principle into practice as you manage your own store and gain valuable, first-hand experience. You’ll also work with an experienced Field Consultant to enhance your consulting and influencing skills. Once you have a comprehensive understanding of store operations, you will start using those insights in your role as a Field Consultant.
- Oversee a group of 7-Eleven stores (corporate and/or franchise) within a geographic area to ensure the highest levels of guest service
- Lead, consult with and influence store operators and/or franchisees to develop, update and execute operational plans and strategies, including merchandising, fresh food concepts, fuel sales, guest experience and store operational infrastructure
- Monitor and ensure accountability for all aspects of store operations, providing advice, coaching and assistance to store management. May directly supervise Corporate Store Managers and teams
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain top talent within the market to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all corporate stores
- Recognize and address performance issues in a timely manner
- Ensure key processes and plans are in place through weekly store visits, store evaluations and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, and/or requisite industry and management experience is required
- Three to five years of operational management experience or two plus years of successful multi-unit management experience in a retail and/or QSR environment
- Proven ability to work with and influence direct reports, franchisees, peers and senior management
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and root cause identification skills
- Proven prioritization, presentation, budgeting, time management, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Critical perspective and observation of store and merchandise placement
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Overnight and daily travel is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
The Field Consultant position requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds
What’s In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Company vehicle
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more…
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer