777 Partners, a Miami based investment firm, acquired Uown Leasing (“Uown”), a lease-to-own company based in Tampa, FL. At Uwon, we understand that the credit score does not define the customer. It’s our belief that everybody, regardless of credit history, should have the ability to provide for his or her family. By giving customers a simple, straight-forward lease-to-own payment option on essentials like tires, bedding, appliances, and furniture —Uown works hard to make that happen.
Uown is a Financial Services Company that supports online and brick and mortar retailers. In support of our retailers we have various Team Members that work every day of the week.
About 777 Partners
777 Partners is a Miami-based investment firm focused on a broad spectrum of financial services businesses across insurance, lending, specialty finance, and financial technology. Operating in attractive markets and often times esoteric asset classes, 777 seeks to make control investments across the business life cycle in companies with scalable profiles and ambitious management teams. 777 Partners senior management team is composed of industry veterans with backgrounds in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, insurance, financial technology, actuarial science, asset management, structured-credit, ABS, risk, analytics, complex commercial litigation and computer science. For more information on 777 Partners, visit www.777part.com.
Uown Leasing, a 777 Partners company, is looking for a professional Compliance and Quality Control Team Lead who will help manage a combination ‘off-shore’ and ‘in-house’ staff. The ideal candidate will help direct a team responsible for providing quality control oversight of functional areas to ensure compliance with quality control requirements specifically related to call protocols, documentation requirements, our product complaint reporting, processing, and internal audits/investigations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading tasks specific to compliance and quality control
- Preparing status reports for management
- Training staff and user departments in compliance and quality control
- Reviewing and approving process compliance items
- Corresponding with personnel and contractors across sites and externally
- Reviewing group related documents such as retain and investigational examinations
- Ensuring audit readiness for items that are subject to regulations and compliance standards
- Participating as a subject matter expert during inspections/audits
- Planning, scheduling, and guiding team
- Identifying gaps in systems and develops feasible plans for corrections
- Counseling employees about work performance
- Providing mentorship and support to remote employees
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of the contact center process of a lease-to-own credit model.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Are organized and have an attention to detail
- Can prioritize multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Enjoy supervising and leading a small team (off-shore and in-house employees)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree (4-year college) or Associate’s degree (2-year college) is preferred
- 3+ years of work experience managing or supervising a team of quality control agents
- 3-5 years of experience in a compliance, reporting, or quality control role; specifically, within a contact center environment
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Uown Leasing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the bases of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.