The Controller is responsible for ensuring that the financial reporting as well as the books and records of the firm are accurate and complete.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, reconcile and make necessary adjustments to the Trial Balance
- Calculate minority interest for each controlled subsidiary, SPV and/or VIE, as applicable
- Work with other teams to manage credit facilities and other derivatives
- Assist with the development of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with the development of internal controls policies and procedures
- Assist with systems implementations and special projects
- Assist in tax planning and tax return preparation
- Overall responsible for books and records of subsidiaries of 777 Partners LLC
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Background in Financial Services such as (but not limited to): private equity, hedge fund, structured settlements, receivables and lending businesses
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to communicate to management
- Ability to multi-task projects, day-to-day work and ad hoc requests that come up
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in an accounting and/or finance discipline is required
- CPA required
- Prior experience (5-10 years) with:
- Preparing financial statements and tax returns
- Managing and reconciling intercompany AP/AR
- Consolidation accounting and elimination entries
- Minority interest calculations
- VIE analysis preferred but not required
- Managing cash, projections and treasury management in general
- Expense monitoring and budgeting; including experience with payroll
- Accounting systems implementation
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
777 Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the bases of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.