Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.Summary
Supports business units across AARP that communicate with members, expired members, and/or non-members with: (1) data sourcing and targeting recommendations, (2) audience selections, and (3) marketing analysis. Interfaces with AARP’s business units to meet their communication goals, in addition to collaborating across AARP, its affiliates, and vendors.Responsibilities
- Drives Dashboard goals of impact, relevance, and revenue by leveraging scientific methodologies to recommend optimal audiences for member and/or non-member specific direct response communications. Sizes the audience, establishes KPIs, and designs test plans.
- Utilizes IBM Campaign/Unica and builds and delivers direct response campaign files in accordance with internal policies and quality standards.
- Provides decision-making support for campaign and test activities, including, but not limited to, developing test strategies, analyzing test results and campaign trends, and developing Tableau-based production reports.
- Manages internal clients, keeping them abreast of industry trends and internal MarTech capabilities.
- Drives the creation of success metrics at the program- and campaign-level. Ensures programs are integrated and implemented according to specified plans and that analytic and infrastructure development needs are prioritized, qualified, tracked, and delivered.
- Furthers the data-driven discipline of the organization to increase the efficiency of communications through enhancements to decision-making processes, infrastructure tools, and member data availability.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Management Information, Data Science, or a related field and 5+ years of job-related experience. A direct response background is a must, as well as prior experience with campaign management tools and analysis. Strong data manipulation and client management skills required. Database marketing experience preferred.
Marketing savvy with technical aptitude.
A strategic thinker, with the knowledge of scientific approaches for designing and analyzing marketing tests.
An excellent communicator, with a strong phone and in-person presence -- someone service-oriented who can make recommendations in a diplomatic manner.
Working knowledge of CRM systems (IBM Campaign/Unica or similar audience management tool).
Proficient on Microsoft Office applications and relational database software.
Experience with digital reporting/analysis tools and/or Tableau a plus.Benefits Offered
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.