Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment.
AARP Services (ASI) is where AARP’s mission meets the marketplace for the 50+ population, by sparking new solutions that transform the marketplace to improve people’s lives as they age. Founded in 1999 as the professional services arm of AARP, ASI supports the Association’s mission of Disrupt Aging by helping bring new products to drive market innovation and build richer connections with consumers. ASI acts as a bridge, connecting companies to people by helping bring experiences, products and services that matter to them as they move through specific life stages.Summary
Supports the long-term vision of the AARP Converge platform, including what will be required to source, curate, and manage to optimize the overall sales experience which is critical to achieving the full future state vision. Leads the overall user experience (UX) planning and requirements development activities with SFT as the platform moves beyond the initial launch and beyond. Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary interface with the technology platform vendor (Softheon or SFT) to lead requirements development, development/sprint cycle planning, and user acceptance testing (UAT) for the future expansion of the Converge eCommerce platform.
- Serves as the primary interface with AARP-branded product provider (UHC, Delta, EyeMed, New York Life (NYL), Hartford, and others) technology teams to ensure alignment between AARP Converge future integration requirements and SFT implementation planning.
- Develops and manages the future state Converge platform technology roadmap.
- Leads technology integration requirements development with SFT and UHC technology teams for Medicare Supplement on-line enrollment integration.
- Facilitates requirements development, implementation, and UAT for additional AARP IT integration requirements for emerging membership validation, authentication, and payment activities for the Converge platform.
- Serves as the technology subject-matter-expert for all Converge planning and expansion efforts with providers, SFT, Optum, and other third-party stakeholders.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent education and experience and a minimum of 5+ years of experience working in the health insurance and financial services space.
Demonstrated experience in working with Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors in an agile and matrixed environment.
Demonstrated experience leading business analysis methodologies -- waterfall, agile sprint cycles, BPM, use-case modeling, non-functional requirement analysis, JAD, etc.
Demonstrated experience and/or certification with process improvement methodologies -- Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, etc.
Demonstrated experience in working with UX design and content management.
Demonstrated strong web platform and marketing skills.
Demonstrated strong communications and relationship management skills to work with internal and external constituencies.
15% travel required.Benefits Offered
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.