Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This position is a lead role that includes material handling and inventory control tasks to ensure all inventory is maintained accurately, and provided to required areas in a timely manner. This position may also include Shipping & Receiving tasks if applicable.
• Ensure all inventory is maintained accurately, and provided to required areas in a timely manner.
• Perform Material Movements both physically and systematically.
• Generate Work Orders from an ERP system.
• Perform Work Order Receipts in ERP system.
• Perform cycle counting as required.
• Maintain a neat and safe work environment.
• Lead coordination efforts and flow of product through manufacturing and assembly when needed.
• Work in a cross functional team environment while providing problem solving assistance.
• Some areas will require the handling of chemicals with proper training provided.
• Must work over time as required for business needs.
• Other tasks as assigned or required.
• Some areas will require the handling of chemicals with proper training and PPE
• Must work over time as required for business needs
• Other tasks as assigned or required
• Support all initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
Works with warehouse equipment and standard office equipment such as telephone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Works in a warehouse environment, with moderate noise level. May work at a desk or workstation.
• High School Diploma required
• 2-4+ years related experience required.
• General proficiencies in Microsoft Office.
• 2 years college degree preferred
• Previous experience with SAP is REQUIRED.
• Previous Medical Device/Pharma background is preferred.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.