How much does a Material Handler make at companies like ABBOTT LABORATORIES in the United States? The average salary for Material Handler at companies like ABBOTT LABORATORIES in the United States is $36,543 as of May 01, 2023, but the range typically falls between $32,438 and $40,648. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.
View the Cost of Living in Major Cities
About ABBOTT LABORATORIES
Browse other Companies in the MFG Durable Industry
View abbott laboratories Salary
What does a Material Handler do at companies like ABBOTT LABORATORIES?
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Material Associate provides inventory coordination, handling, allocation, and transfer of material, kits, and supplies required to support efficient material flow through production/assembly and warehouse areas. Main responsibilities include:
- Applies general knowledge of Manufacturing Systems and Warehouse Management Systems to material handling and inventory duties.
- Perform material movements both physically and systematically. Seeks efficiency in systems and processes.
- Conducts material scheduling, planning, and acquisition to support packing, shipping, manufacturing, warehousing, store keeping, and reclamation.
- Processes stock transfers and material requests. Performs cycle counting and verifies inventory.
- Utilizes systems, software, or applications to gather, record, analyze, and interpret inventory, regulatory, and other data per defined processes.
- Follows control procedures to complete tasks.
- Uses automated material handling equipment. Potential use of forklifts and other equipment with appropriate training and/or certification.
- Ability to follow established procedures and make critical decisions/judgment with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- 1-1/2 to 3 years material handling/inventory experience.
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- General computer proficiency and data analysis.
- Basic cost accounting inventory management and inventory analysis skills a plus.
- Use of statistical process control (SPC), and knowledge of lean/Six Sigma problem solving tools a plus.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Check out Material Handler jobs in Virginia
Understand the total compensation opportunity for Material Handler at companies like ABBOTT LABORATORIES, base salary plus other pay elements
Average Total Cash Compensation
Includes base and annual incentives
The chart shows total cash compensation for the ABBOTT LABORATORIES Material Handler in the United States, which includes base, and annual incentives can vary anywhere from $32,438 to $40,648 with an average total cash compensation of $36,543. Total compensation includes the value of any benefits received in addition to your salary and some of the benefits that are most commonly provided within a total compensation package including bonuses, commissions, paid time off, and Insurance. The total cash compensation may get paid differently by industry, location, and other factors.
About ABBOTT LABORATORIES
Abbott Laboratories discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells health care products worldwide. The company's Established Pharmaceutical Products segment offers branded generic pharmaceuticals for the treatment of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency; irritable bowel syndrome or biliary spasm; intrahepatic cholestasis or depressive symptom; gynecological disorder; hormone replacement therapy; dyslipidemia; hypertension; hypothyroidism; Meniere's disease and vestibular vertigo; pain, fever, and inflammation; migraine; and anti-infective clarithromycin, as well as provides influenza vaccines and p