Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH is Abbott’s oldest nutrition manufacturing plant in the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
What you'll do as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic:
- The safe, efficient, and economical use of hand tools, power tools, shop equipment (Lathe, Mill, saws, grinders, sheer, brake, press, iron worker, and media blasting equipment), welders (TIG, MIG, and arc), rebuild gearboxes and reducers, ability to run pipe and conduit, fabrication of parts and guards, ability to replace chains, sprockets, guides, bearings and all other equipment as needed.
- Familiarity with proper PM, inspection, and safety procedures.
- Successfully perform all PM’s, Certifications, and Calibrations on the fillers and ancillary equipment.
Perform all necessary repairs, adjustments, Set-up, and rebuilds on manufacturing equipment:
- Coders, taptones, vision systems and weight checking systems
- Packaging equipment
- Conveying Systems
- This position is accountable for maintaining all assigned hand tools, equipment, Power tools, and shop equipment.
- This position is accountable for maintaining all plant systems and machines, failure to maintain will result in unnecessary downtime, replacement, or repair.
Education and Experience, You'll bring
- High School Diploma or GED and a two year mechanical/electrical technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in mechanical and electrical repair of high-speed filling and packaging equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair of plant utilities, welding, machining, gearbox, pump repair, wiring drives, PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, and steam.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Background in calibrations and certifications of critical precision and sensitive equipment.
- Prior experience in a liquid manufacturing or packaging facility
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs • Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com