Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Structural Heart Business Mission: Why We Exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
We are recruiting for the Structural Heart Project Support Specialist (PSS) to join our team in the Santa Clara, CA location. The PSS is the owner of all administrative systems, event coordination, and project coordination that supports the Commercial Excellence efforts globally. This role will report to the Global Head of Commercial Excellence.
In this role, you will play a key role in the success of all Commercial Excellence efforts through managing the training tracking systems, coordinating the projects, and complete coordination of the training events. You will develop and manage the tracking systems for all training & development programs. This includes developing and managing the audit system to annually certify the Management Operating Principles. You will also provide support globally for these systems, answering questions, troubleshooting, creating training/troubleshooting guides, and ensuring global understanding of system use. Along with your geographic counterparts, you will coordinate all training events. This includes managing vendors, site selection, transportation logistics, lodging, meals, contracting, managing the expense budget, and anything required to execute a successful event.
- Ownership of training and development events that support Commercial Excellence initiatives.
- Coordinating all logistics needed to support events. Full ownership of event execution from beginning to finish and reporting the result upon completion.
- Developing the training tracker and management system to certify the management curriculum.
- Administration of all Commercial Excellence certification tracking.
- Developing Commercial Excellence materials, managing internal communications, managing vendor logistics and managing an internal database.
- Monitoring KPI’s from events, training, initiatives, and marketing programs.
- Developing training and troubleshooting guides.
- Partnering with their Geography counterparts on the training curriculum events and training roll-out plans.
- Participate in the development an audit system of the current state and track progression of each Sales Manager within the respective Geography
- Building materials to support the Commercial Excellence brand.
- Collateral development, digital and print, to advance Commercial Excellence initiatives.
- Participating in Project Teams that will advance Commercial Excellence initiatives.
- Reporting lessons learned from project initiatives.
- Obtaining a working knowledge of Structural Heart anatomy and products.
- Measuring and reporting feedback on training events and marketing program effectiveness.
- Formally and informally present or discuss Abbott Structural Heart business mission, values and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience with event planning, administration, marketing communications collateral development, and/or database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Experience collaborating with and working with cross-functional teams in a geographically diverse, matrixed organization
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience working in a highly regulated and high-quality system environment and compliance with governmental regulations
- Ability to travel internationally
- Prior experience in medical devices